$2000 budget gaming pc advice please

Dylan Bull

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Hey guys looking to build a great gaming computer able to play just about any game on its highest settongs. I dont want anything done with amd as I have had serious problems with them in the past. I want to sli the cards in the future and will probably be overclockong by a little bit. Also I picked out a case I like the phantom 630 so I think I got the case covered unless anyone has any better suggestions.

X79

Honorable

Newest isn't always better.

Haswell is more expensive and can't OC as well as Ivy Bridge.

Among various other things. So I think it's justified going with something

I/we know works. SLI also isn't preferred. Single GPU is much better than SLI.

Plus he can still SLI it later if it's really needed.

X79

Honorable

Both are important; especially if gaming.

Most monitors have a refresh rate of 60Hz. But you can even go up to 120Hz or 144Hz.

That's more in the realm of competitive gaming however, as things will feel quite fluid.

It also allows for a higher FPS if your GPU can supply it.

Normal response times are 5ms. So be wary of any that go higher than that.

But you can get monitors with under 2ms response times. Good for FPS games.

Dylan Bull

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
only reason i dont like the 770 is because if i were to get the 2 way sli 770 i would prefer to get the option to add another one later and with the mobos that are out it doesnt look like that is an option.

redeemer

Distinguished

You can pick up 2 GTX 770 for around $800+, now a GTX 780 costs $650-700 you tell me the cost performance/ratio?? I absolutely prefer my SLI over a single card as I can max out all titles. Haswell is a new platform sure its performance is not earth shattering, however the Z87 platform offers some great native feature.

jinayhvora

Honorable

if u buy a 2 way SLI now u don't nned to uppgrade...and even if u do there are boards that support 3 way