Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

First Home build

Last response: in Components
Share
June 8, 2013 9:30:48 AM

Hi, this is my first home build custom PC and was wondering is someone could check it over to see if its ok? and recomend any changes if not compatiable:
http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/189543

More about : home build

a b V Motherboard
a c 84 U Graphics card
a c 91 à CPUs
a b B Homebuilt system
a b } Memory
June 8, 2013 9:35:59 AM

You chose many components wrong and are really wasting a whole lot of money. You could save up on that and buy a better card or CPU.

Go for this one instead. It is MUCH faster than your system and is £80 cheaper!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 350 ATX Mid Tower Case w/500W Power Supply ($56.57 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($37.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SN-208DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SN-208DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1011.48
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-08 11:56 EDT-0400)

Perfect build. £700 = $1066.

This one costs around $1011. GTX 770 is about 70% stronger than GTX 650.
m
0
l
a c 243 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
a c 180 à CPUs
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 90 } Memory
June 8, 2013 9:39:42 AM

P0TT541 said:
Hi, this is my first home build custom PC and was wondering is someone could check it over to see if its ok? and recomend any changes if not compatiable:
http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/189543


Choose a case 1/2or 1/3 that price. £223 is insane.
With the savings, add a 128GB SSD, and up the HDD to 1TB.

Unless you're really, really in love with that particular case.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 8, 2013 12:05:07 PM

luckiest charm said:
You chose many components wrong and are really wasting a whole lot of money. You could save up on that and buy a better card or CPU.

Go for this one instead. It is MUCH faster than your system and is £80 cheaper!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 350 ATX Mid Tower Case w/500W Power Supply ($56.57 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($37.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SN-208DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SN-208DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1011.48
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-08 11:56 EDT-0400)

Perfect build. £700 = $1066.

This one costs around $1011. GTX 770 is about 70% stronger than GTX 650.


Hi, thanks for your help, you said i chose components wrong what do you mean by that (please give examples so i don't repeat)
m
0
l
June 8, 2013 12:08:07 PM

USAFRet said:
P0TT541 said:
Hi, this is my first home build custom PC and was wondering is someone could check it over to see if its ok? and recomend any changes if not compatiable:
http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/189543


Choose a case 1/2or 1/3 that price. £223 is insane.
With the savings, add a 128GB SSD, and up the HDD to 1TB.

Unless you're really, really in love with that particular case.


i was thinking it was a bit too expensive but i have had it in my sights for a while and not too keen on any others. Yeh i was debating weather or not to add a SSD, thanks i just might
m
0
l
a c 243 V Motherboard
a b U Graphics card
a c 180 à CPUs
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 90 } Memory
June 8, 2013 12:21:34 PM

P0TT541 said:
USAFRet said:
P0TT541 said:
Hi, this is my first home build custom PC and was wondering is someone could check it over to see if its ok? and recomend any changes if not compatiable:
http://www.ebuyer.com/lists/list/189543


Choose a case 1/2or 1/3 that price. £223 is insane.
With the savings, add a 128GB SSD, and up the HDD to 1TB.

Unless you're really, really in love with that particular case.


i was thinking it was a bit too expensive but i have had it in my sights for a while and not too keen on any others. Yeh i was debating weather or not to add a SSD, thanks i just might


On a $3000 build, a $300 case is OK. On a $1000 build, too much. It was the most expensive component by far.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a c 84 U Graphics card
a c 91 à CPUs
a b B Homebuilt system
a b } Memory
June 8, 2013 8:40:36 PM

P0TT541 said:
luckiest charm said:
You chose many components wrong and are really wasting a whole lot of money. You could save up on that and buy a better card or CPU.

Go for this one instead. It is MUCH faster than your system and is £80 cheaper!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 350 ATX Mid Tower Case w/500W Power Supply ($56.57 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($37.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SN-208DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SN-208DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1011.48
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-08 11:56 EDT-0400)

Perfect build. £700 = $1066.

This one costs around $1011. GTX 770 is about 70% stronger than GTX 650.


Hi, thanks for your help, you said i chose components wrong what do you mean by that (please give examples so i don't repeat)


I said that because most of the stuff is insanely expensive which it should not be. On the contrary you are sacrificing on the good stuff. Take example of your case .. It should be under $80 and its like $350. Also, you should have bought a better CPU, preferably from Intel instead of that one. You should also buy a better card than GTX 650 Ti with the money you can save from that case. USAFRet is right mate .. don't go for that one. :) 

Then I listed the appropriate components for your $1000 budget. Check it out and if possible, go for it. Its the best you can get in that budget.
Share
!