Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

A10 6800k with R7770?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 9, 2013 4:50:10 PM

Hey guys!
Well I recently built a new A10 6800k system and am looking to run dual graphics with the best compatible graphics card that I can find. I have a spare MSI R7770 laying around and wasn't even sure if the 6800k would even be able to crossfire with it. I know there is a lot of speculation as to what it can and cannot run dual graphics with, so I was wondering what your input would be. If it cannot crossfire, I can actually trade the R7770 for something else if that would benefit me.

Also if anyone knows of a good guide of how to run dual graphics on this new processor (better than the ones Ive found on google) it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

More about : a10 6800k r7770

a c 161 U Graphics card
June 9, 2013 4:55:25 PM

Just put the HD7770 in your system and enjoy its performance on its own. It would be much better than you are used to anyway.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2013 5:11:06 PM

that 7770 will churn out higher fps than what a hybrid xfire with the 6800k and 6670 can muster (that's the highest gpu you can xfire it with). it's best to keep that 7770 or sell it and buy a better gpu if you are going to play in 1080p. otherwise just use it.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2013 5:12:17 PM

Theres speculation it can run dual graphics? Why dont you go to the AMD website and get a definitive answer. Common sense would dictate that.
m
0
l
June 9, 2013 5:46:21 PM

Thanks for the replies :)  Maybe in a couple months I'll just buy a another R7770 and crossfire them if I feel like I need more performance. I guess this 6800k is just going to be a processor and won't even bother with it's GPU.

vrumor said:
Theres speculation it can run dual graphics? Why dont you go to the AMD website and get a definitive answer. Common sense would dictate that.


Clearly you misunderstood. Its obvious that the 6800k can run dual graphics, but I've read over 10 post saying with which graphics cards it can actually run dual graphics with.

m
0
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
June 9, 2013 5:49:33 PM

Yeah thats a lot of speculation, but for gaming Dual graphics Xfire just is not mature enough yet. Stick to what the AMD site says for reliabilities sake. I have read of guys jippoing an HD7750 to dual GPU, but the gains just arn't there compared to a discreet GPU.

But anyway. DONT Xfire 2 HD7770s. LOL NEVER!!!

PS. @ nokiddingboss
Stop being a d#@k.
m
0
l
June 9, 2013 5:53:28 PM

Sounds good haha. Thanks again for the quick responses!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2013 5:53:47 PM

Novuake said:
Yeah thats a lot of speculation, but for gaming Dual graphics Xfire just is not mature enough yet. Stick to what the AMD site says for reliabilities sake. I have read of guys jippoing an HD7750 to dual GPU, but the gains just arn't there compared to a discreet GPU.

But anyway. DONT Xfire 2 HD7770s. LOL NEVER!!!

PS. @ nokiddingboss
Stop being a d#@k.

huh? i'm being a d---? for what? i don't understand it? you must've mix me up with "vrumor" up there. or maybe you're trolling me? whatever floats your boat i guess. at any rate. get some glasses and actually read before trying to be such a wise-arse.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2013 6:34:01 PM

Novuake said:
nokiddingboss said:
Novuake said:
Yeah thats a lot of speculation, but for gaming Dual graphics Xfire just is not mature enough yet. Stick to what the AMD site says for reliabilities sake. I have read of guys jippoing an HD7750 to dual GPU, but the gains just arn't there compared to a discreet GPU.

But anyway. DONT Xfire 2 HD7770s. LOL NEVER!!!

PS. @ nokiddingboss
Stop being a d#@k.

huh? i'm being a d---? for what? i don't understand it? you must've mix me up with "vrumor" up there. or maybe you're trolling me? whatever floats your boat i guess. at any rate. get some glasses and read before being such a wise-arse.


My apologies... You are right...

@ vrumor STOP BEING A D#@K...


I am offended sir that you are calling me a male reproductive organ. I got banned for 30 days for that before. Substituting characters for letters. Maybe the same will happen to you. I was not being a d#@k as you so eloquently put it, the EXACT specs of what it can and cant do are on the AMD site. Of what it can and cant be crossfired with. Its all right there. Not sure what there is to speculate about. Hence, the reason I made my comment. If you think im still being a d@#k, well tough. Im not.
m
0
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
June 9, 2013 6:41:02 PM

vrumor said:

I am offended sir that you are calling me a male reproductive organ. I got banned for 30 days for that before. Substituting characters for letters. Maybe the same will happen to you. I was not being a d#@k as you so eloquently put it, the EXACT specs of what it can and cant do are on the AMD site. Of what it can and cant be crossfired with. Its all right there. Not sure what there is to speculate about. Hence, the reason I made my comment. If you think im still being a d@#k, well tough. Im not.


You have something against ducks???

Besides, you were you offhanded. Instead of saying stuff like that, help the OP.
m
0
l
a c 749 U Graphics card
June 9, 2013 7:10:41 PM

Knock off the insults get back to helping the OP.
m
0
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
June 9, 2013 7:17:05 PM

tannjj said:
Sounds good haha. Thanks again for the quick responses!


Cool. Have fun! And DON'T XFIRE 2 HD7770s. ;) 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2013 7:44:08 PM

Didnt insult anyone. What I said was accurate and was meant to help the OP. Cant help if someone gets emotional about a post.
m
0
l

Best solution

June 12, 2013 9:31:01 AM

i have personally crossfired the 6800k with a r7750. it produces better performance than a single 7770. probably something similar to 7790 performance. I would assume the 7770 would not be able to crossfire with the 6800k because it requires the use of a crossfire bridge, which the 6800k/motherboard does not have.
Share
July 15, 2013 11:34:17 AM

ryanaz said:
i have personally crossfired the 6800k with a r7750. it produces better performance than a single 7770. probably something similar to 7790 performance. I would assume the 7770 would not be able to crossfire with the 6800k because it requires the use of a crossfire bridge, which the 6800k/motherboard does not have.


Hi ryanaz, please can you verify that 6800k's 8670D and HD7750 work with no problem!
Did you have ANY complications with drivers?

Please reply as soon as possible (im trying to put together my new comp, just waiting on your reply with GPU choice)
m
0
l
July 18, 2013 2:33:56 AM

Novuake said:
Just put the HD7770 in your system and enjoy its performance on its own. It would be much better than you are used to anyway.


Hello, and sorry for this ultra-noob question, im using the 6800k processor; can i buy a graphic card later (something high-end like a 7970) and use it as my primary and only GPU? (like disabling the integrated one)

Thanks in Advance :) 
m
0
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
July 18, 2013 9:32:58 AM

axelroll said:
Novuake said:
Just put the HD7770 in your system and enjoy its performance on its own. It would be much better than you are used to anyway.


Hello, and sorry for this ultra-noob question, im using the 6800k processor; can i buy a graphic card later (something high-end like a 7970) and use it as my primary and only GPU? (like disabling the integrated one)

Thanks in Advance :) 


It will work, but the card will be bottlenecked by the CPU, highest you should look at on that CPU is a GTX660 or HD7850. Any higher and you are wasting money.

You would be better off getting a cheap AM3+ CPU, a nice and proper AMD motherboard with a cheap graphics card and then upgrading both the CPU and GPU later.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 18, 2013 10:20:05 AM

tannjj said:
Hey guys!
Well I recently built a new A10 6800k system and am looking to run dual graphics with the best compatible graphics card that I can find. I have a spare MSI R7770 laying around and wasn't even sure if the 6800k would even be able to crossfire with it. I know there is a lot of speculation as to what it can and cannot run dual graphics with, so I was wondering what your input would be. If it cannot crossfire, I can actually trade the R7770 for something else if that would benefit me.

Also if anyone knows of a good guide of how to run dual graphics on this new processor (better than the ones Ive found on google) it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Meh. This issue of Hybrid crossfire seriously needs to get addressed pronto. Meanwhile check out this thread about a guy who got hybrid crossfire working with a HD7750 and reviewed it. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1688717/review-a...
m
0
l
July 18, 2013 10:26:58 AM

Novuake said:
axelroll said:
Novuake said:
Just put the HD7770 in your system and enjoy its performance on its own. It would be much better than you are used to anyway.


Hello, and sorry for this ultra-noob question, im using the 6800k processor; can i buy a graphic card later (something high-end like a 7970) and use it as my primary and only GPU? (like disabling the integrated one)

Thanks in Advance :) 


It will work, but the card will be bottlenecked by the CPU, highest you should look at on that CPU is a GTX660 or HD7850. Any higher and you are wasting money.

You would be better off getting a cheap AM3+ CPU, a nice and proper AMD motherboard with a cheap graphics card and then upgrading both the CPU and GPU later.


Hello, and thanks for the reply, the reason because i choosed the a10 is because´ve low budget (and the a10 has good price + integrated graphics) *** I have around $550 to build the pc, can you help me to choose the parts, please, :)  something that is good and doesn´t has to be updated soon (just a graphic card) i also need a Case for the PC, i like the Tempest 410 (or any other that has that style)

PD: I already have 2 HDD and 2 SSD, 8gb 2133 MHz Ram, and 2 Blu-ray internal Drives (so i need at least 7 sata ports)

PD2: Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard and Speakers not needed (i alredy have them)

PD3: Thanks Again, and Sorry for all this, i´m still a noob :D 
m
0
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
July 18, 2013 10:33:02 AM

Create a thread, its better than bumping this one. Private message me the link and I will help.
m
0
l
October 1, 2013 9:40:38 AM

SETH82 said:
ryanaz said:
i have personally crossfired the 6800k with a r7750. it produces better performance than a single 7770. probably something similar to 7790 performance. I would assume the 7770 would not be able to crossfire with the 6800k because it requires the use of a crossfire bridge, which the 6800k/motherboard does not have.


Hi ryanaz, please can you verify that 6800k's 8670D and HD7750 work with no problem!
Did you have ANY complications with drivers?

Please reply as soon as possible (im trying to put together my new comp, just waiting on your reply with GPU choice)


There are no complications with drivers. It works exactly the same as a radeon 6670. You just insert the card, go to control panel and enable dual graphics. Now i'm hoping to try this with a 7770. I've seen a few posts saying some 7770's do not require the crossfire bridge
m
0
l
November 4, 2013 9:16:18 AM

nokiddingboss said:
that 7770 will churn out higher fps than what a hybrid xfire with the 6800k and 6670 can muster (that's the highest gpu you can xfire it with). it's best to keep that 7770 or sell it and buy a better gpu if you are going to play in 1080p. otherwise just use it.


Actually a 6800K can crossfire with a 7750 using the current beta drivers.
m
0
l
a c 161 U Graphics card
November 4, 2013 9:19:55 AM

WHY is this thread being bumped. Hells bells. Its from July!
m
0
l
December 12, 2013 7:54:02 AM

hey tannjj,
being that you had a 6800k and a 7770. Did you ever try crossfiring them just out of curiousity? Ive never seen any confirmation on the internet that its possible -- you would be the first person to try it AFAIK.
m
0
l
!