Windows 8 compatibility issue

Does this asrock motherboard (N68C-GS FX) support windows 8?
6 answers Last reply
More about windows compatibility issue
  1. "OS - Microsoft® Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit compliant"
    - http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68C-GS%20FX/?cat=Specifications

    So i would say no...
  2. Rocker z said:
    Does this asrock motherboard (N68C-GS FX) support windows 8?


    Anonymous said:
    "OS - Microsoft® Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit compliant"
    - http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68C-GS%20FX/?cat=Specifications

    So i would say no...


    Most, if not all windows 7 drivers can be used with windows 8, as 8 was built directly on windows 7, so that board should work fine.
  3. DComander1x said:
    Rocker z said:
    Does this asrock motherboard (N68C-GS FX) support windows 8?


    Anonymous said:
    "OS - Microsoft® Windows® 7 / 7 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit / XP / XP 64-bit compliant"
    - http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68C-GS%20FX/?cat=Specifications

    So i would say no...


    Most, if not all windows 7 drivers can be used with windows 8, as 8 was built directly on windows 7, so that board should work fine.

    yeah but no fastboot e.g. i think that's what he meant.
  4. Even without it w8 boots extremely quick, especially on an SSD.
  5. The motherboard is not officially windows 8 compatible, but you should be able to use it with windows 7 drivers, GET THE CHIPSET, GRAPHICS, AUDIO, AND LAN DRIVERS FORM THEIR MANUFACTURES SITE IS POSSIBLE. Then download the win 7 drivers from as rock's site for the remaining ones.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Motherboards Support Windows 8 Compatibility