Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Installing a cooler master hyper evo 212 into Zalman z11 case

Last response: in Components
Share
June 11, 2013 1:48:41 AM

Hey guys I am going to be installing this into my case today but want your opinion on this. According to the Zalman z11 features on its website it says that I dont have to remove the motherboard to install the cooler and I wanted to know is this true? Can I install the cooler with the motherboard screwed into the case???
June 11, 2013 1:52:17 AM

Jip, the Zalman Z11 has access at the back of the mobo for exactly such a thing.
m
0
l
June 11, 2013 3:25:07 AM

Novuake said:
Jip, the Zalman Z11 has access at the back of the mobo for exactly such a thing.


Thanks for the answer :) , btw you seem to be good at overclocking, I plan on doing it but I don't want to overclock right away because something might not be working right. When you install the cooler do you put thermal paste in the middle and place the heat sink on it or spread? and how much is enough. Thank you!
m
0
l
Related resources
June 11, 2013 4:00:00 AM

Novuake said:
I recommend the pea method. Here is a video explaining : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyXLu1Ms-q4
What system do you have?

Custom build by myself:
core i5 3570k
cooler master hyper evo 212
kingston 8gb ddr3 ram 133mhz
msi z77 ma-g45
Zalman z11 case
corsair cx bronze 80 plus 500w power supply
seagate baracuda hdd
Dvd RW drive
and usb wireless adapter for the internet
m
0
l
June 11, 2013 4:14:03 AM

Enchilada said:
Novuake said:
I recommend the pea method. Here is a video explaining : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyXLu1Ms-q4
What system do you have?

Custom build by myself:
core i5 3570k
cooler master hyper evo 212
kingston 8gb ddr3 ram 133mhz
msi z77 ma-g45
Zalman z11 case
corsair cx bronze 80 plus 500w power supply
seagate baracuda hdd
Dvd RW drive
and usb wireless adapter for the internet


Perfectly easy enough to OC. No graphics card?
m
0
l
June 11, 2013 8:34:48 AM

Novuake said:
Enchilada said:
Novuake said:
I recommend the pea method. Here is a video explaining : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyXLu1Ms-q4
What system do you have?

Custom build by myself:
core i5 3570k
cooler master hyper evo 212
kingston 8gb ddr3 ram 133mhz
msi z77 ma-g45
Zalman z11 case
corsair cx bronze 80 plus 500w power supply
seagate baracuda hdd
Dvd RW drive
and usb wireless adapter for the internet


Perfectly easy enough to OC. No graphics card?


Ha my mistake :lol: , I keep forgetting to add my graphics card, a hd 5770 from an old build, I am holding off on graphics cards until we see more next gen games requirements
m
0
l
June 11, 2013 9:37:27 AM

Pea method!

@Novuake, I didn't know you were a brony! :D  (not one myself though)
m
0
l
June 11, 2013 9:37:28 AM

Pea method!

@Novuake, I didn't know you were a brony! :D  (not one myself though)
m
0
l
June 11, 2013 11:29:29 AM

amuffin said:
Pea method!

@Novuake, I didn't know you were a brony! :D  (not one myself though)


Haha I recently became one? 3 months?

m
0
l
June 11, 2013 11:50:35 PM

Novuake said:
amuffin said:
Pea method!

@Novuake, I didn't know you were a brony! :D  (not one myself though)


Haha I recently became one? 3 months?


:heink: Back on topic, pea method right? but should I spread or put the heatsink on top of it ?
m
0
l

Best solution

June 11, 2013 11:53:22 PM

Enchilada said:
Novuake said:
amuffin said:
Pea method!

@Novuake, I didn't know you were a brony! :D  (not one myself though)


Haha I recently became one? 3 months?


:heink: Back on topic, pea method right? but should I spread or put the heatsink on top of it ?


Sorry. Some of us have been here some time. So sometimes its difficult to stay on topic.
Let the heatsink pressure spread it.
Share
June 12, 2013 2:31:55 AM

Novuake said:
Enchilada said:
Novuake said:
amuffin said:
Pea method!

@Novuake, I didn't know you were a brony! :D  (not one myself though)


Haha I recently became one? 3 months?


:heink: Back on topic, pea method right? but should I spread or put the heatsink on top of it ?


Sorry. Some of us have been here some time. So sometimes its difficult to stay on topic.
Let the heatsink pressure spread it.


Its cool (unintentional pun) you can talk about what you like I just wanted to ask a question so no problems! :D .
I only go on this to ask tech questions if I need them and this community is really helpful. Thanks guys :bounce: 
m
0
l
June 12, 2013 3:08:32 AM

No problem! Enjoy!
m
0
l
June 29, 2013 7:51:15 AM

I´m thinking to buy Zalman Z11 Plus because my tower is so old. I´ve already got a Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 and I can´t even close the case completely. Will it fix good in the Zalman?
m
0
l
June 29, 2013 8:50:19 AM

shuprimo said:
I´m thinking to buy Zalman Z11 Plus because my tower is so old. I´ve already got a Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 and I can´t even close the case completely. Will it fix good in the Zalman?


Yes it will, the Z11 has a lot of space for large coolers. I have one.
m
0
l
!