Will a GTX 780 be bottlenecked by an I5 3570k @ stock

I game at a resolution of 1920x1080. Thinking of buying the card and want some input and opinions. Ty
12 answers Last reply
More about gtx 780 bottlenecked 3570k stock
  1. No it will not bottleneck at all. Your processor is very good even at stock.
  2. Agreed. If you were to add 2 or more GTX 780s then you would need to overclock. There are certain games that are CPU bound though that will benefit from a CPU overclock. This is not the same as a bottleneck. Skyrim for instance is very CPU bound so the faster the CPU the better.
  3. amdman599 said:
    I game at a resolution of 1920x1080. Thinking of buying the card and want some input and opinions. Ty


    Unless you recently decided to use you computer case as the toilet for a couple days, then the i5 will not bottleneck it at all :P
  4. Your good to go, that is one of the most popular Gaming CPUs around right now.
  5. Actually i have been seeing many positive benchmarks showing 90+ Fps in most games for the GTX 780, but the price tag is a bit iffy so i may step down to a gtx 770.
    Do you guys Think a gtx 770 could handle Battlefield 4 @ 1080p at 60fps maybe 50fps?
    Please reply as soon as posible due to the fact that i will be getting my graphic card for my build in a week.
    thank you
  6. amdman599 said:
    Actually i have been seeing many positive benchmarks showing 90+ Fps in most games for the GTX 780, but the price tag is a bit iffy so i may step down to a gtx 770.
    Do you guys Think a gtx 770 could handle Battlefield 4 @ 1080p at 60fps maybe 50fps?
    Please reply as soon as posible due to the fact that i will be getting my graphic card for my build in a week.
    thank you


    Since the game has not been released yet there is no way to know.
  7. No, iam using a gtx 780 with i5 3450 @3.65ghz, and not a bottleneck in a single game, i even Oced my gtx 780 abd performence increased.
  8. amdman599 said:
    Actually i have been seeing many positive benchmarks showing 90+ Fps in most games for the GTX 780, but the price tag is a bit iffy so i may step down to a gtx 770.
    Do you guys Think a gtx 770 could handle Battlefield 4 @ 1080p at 60fps maybe 50fps?
    Please reply as soon as posible due to the fact that i will be getting my graphic card for my build in a week.
    thank you


    It should work on ultra 60-50 FPS with 770.
    Of course not in large MP maps with a lot of destruction and 32v32 match.
  9. tadej petric said:
    amdman599 said:
    Actually i have been seeing many positive benchmarks showing 90+ Fps in most games for the GTX 780, but the price tag is a bit iffy so i may step down to a gtx 770.
    Do you guys Think a gtx 770 could handle Battlefield 4 @ 1080p at 60fps maybe 50fps?
    Please reply as soon as posible due to the fact that i will be getting my graphic card for my build in a week.
    thank you


    It should work on ultra 60-50 FPS with 770.
    Of course not in large MP maps with a lot of destruction and 32v32 match.


    And how exactly do you know that when the game has not been released yet and it is being released with a brand new game engine? Frostbite 3 will debut with BF 4. Since no other games use it yet there is no way to even speculate how it will perform.
  10. anort3 said:
    tadej petric said:
    amdman599 said:
    Actually i have been seeing many positive benchmarks showing 90+ Fps in most games for the GTX 780, but the price tag is a bit iffy so i may step down to a gtx 770.
    Do you guys Think a gtx 770 could handle Battlefield 4 @ 1080p at 60fps maybe 50fps?
    Please reply as soon as posible due to the fact that i will be getting my graphic card for my build in a week.
    thank you


    It should work on ultra 60-50 FPS with 770.
    Of course not in large MP maps with a lot of destruction and 32v32 match.


    And how exactly do you know that when the game has not been released yet and it is being released with a brand new game engine? Frostbite 3 will debut with BF 4. Since no other games use it yet there is no way to even speculate how it will perform.


    EA used 670 to make that 14 min video on youtube. (I think)
    But otherwise pure predictions my friend.
  11. I am using an i5 3570 non k.. and have a gtx 660 ti top of asus, my question is why am I only getting 60fps as the maximum on every game that I have like far cry 3 and batman arkham city?? I am on ultra settings and my rwsolution that I know I am currently using is 1366x760??(correct me if I'm wrong) but that's what I am getting, can anyone help?
  12. chris25 said:
    I am using an i5 3570 non k.. and have a gtx 660 ti top of asus, my question is why am I only getting 60fps as the maximum on every game that I have like far cry 3 and batman arkham city?? I am on ultra settings and my rwsolution that I know I am currently using is 1366x760??(correct me if I'm wrong) but that's what I am getting, can anyone help?

    You probably have Vsync on. But why do you need more than that anyway? Unless you have a 120Hz monitor there is no benefit.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards CPUs