$600-$700 new build for my B-Day

iskadarsda

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
Well my friends its that time of the year where a person completes revolution around the sun and turns a year older.

It also happens to be the year I need to build a new rig since my very very very old rig got passed down to my nephews for their homework and learning needs.

Since that time I have been using my ASUS G75VW laptop as my gaming computer (its a monster, compared to a 5'5'' teen) and I don't have problems with frames or nothing (sometimes) except battery life :( .

But lately I have been really interested in live streaming my game plays when I play with random strangers and just chat along.

And because I don't want to mess up my laptop I chose to get a new build for my B-Day which is in a couple of days from now (2 days).

Anyways I would really appreciate if you would help me build a gaming PC,please note that I have don't have much knowledge when it come to overclocking and SLI, I don't even know what that means.

Since it happens to be my birthday I won't be able to buy all the parts because I'll be traveling, but I hope I will be able to get most of the parts to start by early July or late July.

So here we go!

Approximate Purchase Date: I really have no clue, if I get enough money I will start as soon as late July.

Budget Range: $600-$700

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming like Left 4 Dead 2, Live streaming of my game play, movies, AutoCAD and maybe some photoshop (if I get bored).

Parts Not Required: Mouse (Razer Naga RZ01-0028) actually, I might need a new one...

Are you buying a monitor: Maybe, I have an old monitor I can use for now, and I’m also planning on using my 720p TV as a monitor I guess.

Do you need to buy OS: No, I have a license for Windows 8 Pro.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com, tigerdirect (its fairly close to my house so I can hopefully pick up the parts), Amazon.

Parts Preferences: Intel but If I have to go with AMD then fine. I like Nvidia just because I think the logo looks cool, but if you think I should use something else let me know. Like I said not much knowledge...

Overclocking: I don’t even know how to do that so, no.

SLI or Crossfire: I have no idea what that is, if you can dumb it down for me thanks.

Your Monitor Resolution: whatever the resolution for 720p but I don’t mind 1080p or whatever the numbers are.

Additional Comments: usually I’m playing Left 4 Dead 2, or Call of Duty on Steam, I will also be using it to live stream like I said earlier. I want it to be water cooled later in the year when I get more money.

Extra: If you can also help me find a nice gaming headset that I can use for my phone and PC that would be great. If there is one that I can change the cord from just headset with no mic to one with mic that has split ends (one for mic and one for headset to connect to the computer) that would be awesome but if its together will there be a way to make it like the work like the split ends or change it to usb? If you need me to explain more just message me and I will try my best to elaborate on the idea. I would even draw it for you.

Well that is about all, Thank you all for your help!

Best,

Byron De Paz

Darkman69

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
"a person completes revolution around the sun and turns a year older." LOL I like that rational. Also hold off until next month before purchasing anything as prices will be different on almost every part at that time. I could recommend you a $700 build right now but likely next month things will change and you will get something better for the same money.

iskadarsda

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012

can You give me a preview of the build? just in case if I don't get something else I can just go with your build or we can compare this build with the one that someone else adds next month.