Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Motherboard & Memory Compatiblity

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 11, 2013 7:24:13 PM

My motherboard,ASUS P8B75-M LE,have memory specs of:
2 x DIMM, Max. 16GB, DDR3 2200(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
* 1600MHz and higher frequency is supported by Intel® 3rd generation processors.


a) I just want to ask... is Kingston HyperX 8GB Genesis (1866C9D3K2/8GX) 2x4 compatible to my board???

b) If then, can I buy 2 set of that DIMM to maximize the use of my board, or does it mean the 2x4 there mean 2pc of 4GB RAM?

c) or I'd better go for 2pcs of: Kingston Hyper X Memory 8gb (1600C10D3B1/8G) 1x8 to maximize it?
Related resources
June 11, 2013 8:09:45 PM

Hello,:hello: 
Vincent Manalo said:
ASUS P8B75-M LE

a. To answer to the this question I need to know your processor model number. So please let me know your processor model number.

b. Yes, it is a 8GB kit (Two 4GB modules, totaling 8GB).

c. Yes, 2PC's of Kingston HyperX 8GB (KHX1600C10D3B1/8G) is compatible.

1866MHz V/s 1600MHz - There isn't much difference in performance between the speeds. If you are not into overclocking or using high memory intensive softwares then 1600MHz should run fine. Higher frequency are good but if you do not have other hardware components upgraded then I would suggest you to invest in other upgrade, maybe a SSD and stick with 1600MHz memory.

If you need value RAM for the same speed then try here - ASUS P8B75-M LE Motherboard. Cheers!!
m
0
l
June 11, 2013 8:30:03 PM

Legohouse said:
Hello,:hello: 
Vincent Manalo said:
ASUS P8B75-M LE

a. To answer to the this question I need to know your processor model number. So please let me know your processor model number.

b. Yes, it is a 8GB kit (Two 4GB modules, totaling 8GB).

c. Yes, 2PC's of Kingston HyperX 8GB (KHX1600C10D3B1/8G) is compatible.

1866MHz V/s 1600MHz - There isn't much difference in performance between the speeds. If you are not into overclocking or using high memory intensive softwares then 1600MHz should run fine. Higher frequency are good but if you do not have other hardware components upgraded then I would suggest you to invest in other upgrade, maybe a SSD and stick with 1600MHz memory.

If you need value RAM for the same speed then try here - ASUS P8B75-M LE Motherboard. Cheers!!


heres my CPU.
Intel® Core™ i3-3220 Processor
(3M Cache, 3.30 GHz)
m
0
l

Best solution

June 11, 2013 8:42:31 PM

Vincent Manalo said:

heres my CPU.
Intel® Core™ i3-3220 Processor
(3M Cache, 3.30 GHz)

Good News!! Your processor is in fact a 3rd Generation Intel Core processor. Yes, 1600MHz and higher frequency will work fine. The highest frequency that I would recommend is 2133MHz but would prefer 1866MHz for stability. Yes, the HyperX 8GB Genesis (1866C9D3K2/8GX) 2x4 is compatible. If you are looking for 16GB then going with a 16GB kit or two modules of 8GB is the ideal option.

Kingston HyperX 16GB kit CL9 DIMM (2 x 8GB) - KHX18C9T2K2/16X
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) - F3-1866C9D-16GXM

Good luck!! Cheers!! :cheese: 
Share
June 12, 2013 1:06:42 AM

Legohouse said:
Vincent Manalo said:

heres my CPU.
Intel® Core™ i3-3220 Processor
(3M Cache, 3.30 GHz)

Good News!! Your processor is in fact a 3rd Generation Intel Core processor. Yes, 1600MHz and higher frequency will work fine. The highest frequency that I would recommend is 2133MHz but would prefer 1866MHz for stability. Yes, the HyperX 8GB Genesis (1866C9D3K2/8GX) 2x4 is compatible. If you are looking for 16GB then going with a 16GB kit or two modules of 8GB is the ideal option.

Kingston HyperX 16GB kit CL9 DIMM (2 x 8GB) - KHX18C9T2K2/16X
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) - F3-1866C9D-16GXM

Good luck!! Cheers!! :cheese: 


WOW!!! Thank you so much!!! You clear up my mind... Im really confused what RAM should i use..! Thanks!!
m
0
l
!