$1300 Firstsystem build, advice wanted

Robert Mandujano

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
Let me start by saying I'm posting this from a smart phone and I apologize for not using the suggested format (and if my link doesn't work).

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/14ST9

So basically I've always wanted a nice gaming PC, and after some research this is the build I've come up with. Basically I'm just looking for feedback, maybe recommendations for different parts, but nothing that's gonna drive the price too high. I appreciate all feedback, thank you kindly.

Solution
Thanks, not many people recognize who is on my avatar.
7870 xt is performing the same as 660ti. IMO it's not worth to pay more for 660ti. It's rather the matter of ones preference. If you want AMD then go for 7870xt.

aredflyingbird

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

thats pretty good, I would suggest getting a 500w psu instead of 600w unless your going to do a SLI config.

Robert Mandujano

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
aredflyingbird: I thought about SLI in the future, however I may not be able to fit a second card because of the network adapter. I could save a few bucks there on the PSU and find a modular 500w. I've seen that the antec 900 has some cable management issues, so I intend to remedy that with a modular PSU and a 1 inch hole saw.

Bejusek: I'm kind of set on AMD, however a friend suggested I go for the 660 as well. Is it worth spending the extra hundred or so dollars? Also, I love your avatar, I'm a big X Files fan myself.

Bejusek

Distinguished
Thanks, not many people recognize who is on my avatar.
7870 xt is performing the same as 660ti. IMO it's not worth to pay more for 660ti. It's rather the matter of ones preference. If you want AMD then go for 7870xt.

Solution