HD 7790 with Intel Core i3 3.20 GHz, Bottleneck issues?

I am building a PC with Intel Core i3 3.20 GHz and ATI Radeon HD7790, my budget doesnot allow me to buy a Core i5..So, its out of option, will there be any bottleneck issues with my processor? I am not going to use HD7790 to its full potential, because my LED supports a maximum resolution of 1366x768.. So, at this resolution, will there be any bottleneck issue? any lag or stuff on latest games?
11 answers Last reply
More about 7790 intel core ghz bottleneck issues
  1. Yeah theres alot of bottleneck issues with that processor and that graphics card. Why would you spend so much on a gpu with a moniter at that reoloution its a complete waste of money.
  2. firo40 said:
    Yeah theres alot of bottleneck issues with that processor and that graphics card. Why would you spend so much on a gpu with a moniter at that reoloution its a complete waste of money.

Well, What about a resolution of 1600x900? Is HD7790 a waste of money for the Resolution too?
    And, which processor will go good with HD7790?
  3. panther123 said:
    firo40 said:
    Yeah theres alot of bottleneck issues with that processor and that graphics card. Why would you spend so much on a gpu with a moniter at that reoloution its a complete waste of money.

Well, What about a resolution of 1600x900? Is HD7790 a waste of money for the Resolution too?

at 1600x900 it is more balanced, I think you'll be fine. if you go up to 1080p, the 7790 will become the limiting factor
  4. firo40 said:

he means 7790, not 7970
  5. vmem said:
    panther123 said:
    firo40 said:

at 1600x900 it is more balanced, I think you'll be fine. if you go up to 1080p, the 7790 will become the limiting factor

Processor is fine then? Or, Should I get i5 ?
  6. Id get the I5 when it comes to games that use more then 2 threads it really helps alot. Go ivy bridge its cheaper and there isnt really any benefits of going haswell for gaming
  7. panther123 said:
    vmem said:
    panther123 said:
    firo40 said:

Processor is fine then? Or, Should I get i5 ?

I think processor's fine. i5 would be ideal of course, but it's not as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be.
  8. It does if he plans to play bf3 or any multiplayer game with multithreading
  9. firo40 said:
    It does if he plans to play bf3 or any multiplayer game with multithreading

True, but there's only a small handful of games that are CPU bound (granted they're popular). and out of all of them, I can only think of bf3 multiplayer and skyrim where he might hit a CPU bottleneck.

though on the other hand, an i5 3540 shouldn't be that much more expensive, another $20 maybe?
  10. exactly get the I5 itll make a world of differance in the end
  11. Depends on the game. But it shouldn't be too bad.
    I would say it is ok.
Ask a new question