Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

No signal on monitor after installing new cpu cooler

Tags:
  • no signal monitor
  • Cooling
Last response: in Components
Share
June 12, 2013 12:52:10 PM

Well basically today I installed the Antec h20 620 liquid cooler into my pc and since then when turning on my pc, there is no signal on the monitor. Everything else seems to work, all the fans work, hdd's are spinning and gpu fan is spinning, dvd drive works, etc. Although I did notice that after turning on my pc the laser in my mouse did not light up like it is supposed to. Iv'e checked the usb port on the mobo, front panel connectors, etc, i'm pretty sure i can hear the liquid in the new cooler, I really dont know what to do.

Specs ~

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 Ghz
AMD HD 6870 graphics card
MSI 870a g46 motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2gb
Coolermaster GX750 psu

As I previously mentioned the cooler that I installed today is the Antec H20 620, before that I was using the stock AMD heatsink

More about : signal monitor installing cpu cooler

June 12, 2013 1:09:26 PM

Did you plug the pump sensor into the cpu fan header on the m/b and the fan cable (female) to the cooler fan?
m
0
l
June 12, 2013 1:16:07 PM

Hi,

A quick test you can do is get the memory out and try to post.
If you have a series of peeps (assuming you have a pc speaker), it means everything should be fine.

If no beeps, it means something is not plug in properly or the psu, cpu, mobo has a problem.

From there, check all psu cable that are plug in properly, that the gpu has proper power cable plug in.

m
0
l
Related resources
June 12, 2013 1:16:15 PM

markwp said:
Did you plug the pump sensor into the cpu fan header on the m/b and the fan cable (female) to the cooler fan?


yeah Im pretty sure the connections are fine as the fan is spinning fine and im pretty sure i can hear liquid
m
0
l
June 12, 2013 1:24:04 PM

Reseat the card and be sure you have both 6 pin PEGs populated by 6+2 pin connectors. Check to be sure ATX/EPS power connector is seated as well.

If possible, try a different monitor.

Mark
m
0
l
June 12, 2013 1:24:52 PM

dextermat said:
Hi,

A quick test you can do is get the memory out and try to post.
If you have a series of peeps (assuming you have a pc speaker), it means everything should be fine.

If no beeps, it means something is not plug in properly or the psu, cpu, mobo has a problem.

From there, check all psu cable that are plug in properly, that the gpu has proper power cable plug in.



i have no speakers, only headphones and as i said i dont think usb's are working
m
0
l
June 12, 2013 1:43:26 PM

markwp said:
Reseat the card and be sure you have both 6 pin PEGs populated by 6+2 pin connectors. Check to be sure ATX/EPS power connector is seated as well.

If possible, try a different monitor.

Mark


tried a different monitor, both 6+2 pins are plugged into my gpu. atx connector is in.
m
0
l
June 12, 2013 2:10:24 PM

Back to square one.

Did you remove the m/b to install the H20? If so, did you get ALL cables reinstalled correctly including power on, reset, etc. and did you make sure all m/b standoffs were in place?

Just as a test, you might want to breadboard the m/b etc outside of the case, just to be sure. Start with just the cpu, gpu, and one stick of ram and see if you can get to bios. Check your m/b box and see if they included a small piezo speaker (uses a 2pin jst connector that looks like a fan plug). Beep codes can be very useful.

Mark
m
0
l
June 12, 2013 2:33:11 PM

markwp said:
Back to square one.

Did you remove the m/b to install the H20? If so, did you get ALL cables reinstalled correctly including power on, reset, etc. and did you make sure all m/b standoffs were in place?

Just as a test, you might want to breadboard the m/b etc outside of the case, just to be sure. Start with just the cpu, gpu, and one stick of ram and see if you can get to bios. Check your m/b box and see if they included a small piezo speaker (uses a 2pin jst connector that looks like a fan plug). Beep codes can be very useful.

Mark


yes i removed the motherboard when installing the h20, i also put it back together with care and since then took it back out and put it back together again. the power switch, reset are all fine, and about the piezo speaker, my mobo is included with one but i cant seem to find the place where i put it o.O?
m
0
l
June 12, 2013 2:51:30 PM

The speaker goes to the header marked jfp2. This is located just below the cmos battery - there will be two headers; one is a seven pin and one is a nine pin. The 7 pin is jfp2. The pins to use are #4 and #6 - these are the two center pins in the row that has 4 pins (closest to the cmos battery). If you speaker connector is four pins wide, hook it up to all four pins in that row.

2 4 6 8
o o o o
o o o -
1 3 5 no pin
m
0
l
!