Solved

Graphic Card for the upcoming games

Hi everyone,i'm french so excuse my bad language.
I'm looking to build my first PC but i can't decide on which GPU i should buy.
I'm looking for a GPU that could run on High/ULTRA the games that will come this autumn (Need For Speed Rivals, Battlefield4,COD Ghosts,WatchDogs,Fifa 14...) but i don't have a lot of money so the limit is approximately 350 euros/$.
I've already Selected the Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 Vapor-X GHZ edition OC - 3Go.
I know that there is also the classic 7970 but i didn'treally search on Nvidia GPU's.I think that there is the 670.
Which GPU should I choose?
Thanks for your help :)
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphic card upcoming games
  1. Revis24 said:
    Hi everyone,i'm french so excuse my bad language.
    I'm looking to build my first PC but i can't decide on which GPU i should buy.
    I'm looking for a GPU that could run on High/ULTRA the games that will come this autumn (Need For Speed Rivals, Battlefield4,COD Ghosts,WatchDogs,Fifa 14...) but i don't have a lot of money so the limit is approximately 350 euros/$.
    I've already Selected the Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 Vapor-X GHZ edition OC - 3Go.
    I know that there is also the classic 7970 but i didn'treally search on Nvidia GPU's.I think that there is the 670.
    Which GPU should I choose?
    Thanks for your help :)



    for 350 Euro you could get the GTX 770 which just came out, it is 450USD/337Euro
  2. Hey, could you list the parts you think you will buy? That would help.

    Rather than the sapphire 7970 vapor-x, which was arguably the best graphics card of the last generation, I would recommend either the gtx 770 (evga and msi make great coolers for this), or amd's competitor to this, which should come out soon.

    I don't know about pricing in Europe, but you should be able to get a gtx 770 in your budget, but if not, the 7970 vapor-x is still an amazing card.
  3. Oh that was fast,thanks for the answers!
    For my build,it's that:
    -CPU: Intel Core i5-4670
    -MotherBoard: ASRock B85-PRO4
    -Memory: DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport, 2 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 9
    -SSD: SanDisk Ultra Plus, 128 Go
    -No HDD yet but after
    -The "PC Box": Xigmatek Alfar
    -The Alimentation: Be Quiet Pure Power L8, 630W
    -The Screen: Asus VE248H (Full HD,2ms response time)
    So the GTX 770 is good?Can it run The games I mentionned on high/ultra?On btw,which GTX 770?
    Thanks for your answers
  4. Best answer
    Revis24 said:
    Oh that was fast,thanks for the answers!
    For my build,it's that:
    -CPU: Intel Core i5-4670
    -MotherBoard: ASRock B85-PRO4
    -Memory: DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport, 2 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 9
    -SSD: SanDisk Ultra Plus, 128 Go
    -No HDD yet but after
    -The "PC Box": Xigmatek Alfar
    -The Alimentation: Be Quiet Pure Power L8, 630W
    -The Screen: Asus VE248H (Full HD,2ms response time)
    So the GTX 770 is good?Can it run The games I mentionned on high/ultra?On btw,which GTX 770?
    Thanks for your answers


    Yep, the gtx 770 should be able to max most of those games easily at 1920x1080. Some good 770 models are the msi lightning, the evga acx, and the gigabyte gtx 770.
  5. Norlag said:
    Revis24 said:
    Oh that was fast,thanks for the answers!
    For my build,it's that:
    -CPU: Intel Core i5-4670
    -MotherBoard: ASRock B85-PRO4
    -Memory: DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport, 2 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 9
    -SSD: SanDisk Ultra Plus, 128 Go
    -No HDD yet but after
    -The "PC Box": Xigmatek Alfar
    -The Alimentation: Be Quiet Pure Power L8, 630W
    -The Screen: Asus VE248H (Full HD,2ms response time)
    So the GTX 770 is good?Can it run The games I mentionned on high/ultra?On btw,which GTX 770?
    Thanks for your answers


    Yep, the gtx 770 should be able to max most of those games easily at 1920x1080. Some good 770 models are the msi lightning, the evga acx, and the gigabyte gtx 770.


    ^ Any of those will work, Give him Best Answer
  6. All right thanks,but just if the price of the 770 doesn't decrease,is there an other gpu that can run the upcoming games on high/ultra but cheaper?But if the gtx 770's price decrease i'll buy it!
  7. AMD's competitor to the 770 should come out soon, which will drive the price down and give you options. Otherwise you could step down to a 670 or a 7950, which are good now, but won't be able to max out all games in a few years.
  8. Ok,I want the ¨PC for september so i should wait for AMD's new cards?Because they said it won't come out until end of 2013 or 2014.you say that the 7950 can't max out the games in a few years but for those comig this year is it ok?Because 7950 is a LOT less expensive!
  9. Revis24 said:
    Ok,I want the ¨PC for september so i should wait for AMD's new cards?Because they said it won't come out until end of 2013 or 2014.you say that the 7950 can't max out the games in a few years but for those comig this year is it ok?Because 7950 is a LOT less expensive!


    Yep, for this year's games, a 7950 is great. If you wanted to save even more, look at the 7870 le/xt version, which gives the performance of a 7950 at the price of a 7870. The powercolor 7870 ez edition comes with 4 free games right now and is only $210 after rebates.
  10. Ok I think I'll take a 7950,but are you sure that with it i'll play Battlefield 4 on high or Ultra at good FPS?Excuse me but I want to be sure it's my first PC.
  11. I play bf3 on high settings on a 6870... 50fps avg, 1080p no OC. You should be fine
Ask a new question