Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What's the best Gaming Desktop for playing/recording/uploading Arma 3 and DayZ?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 13, 2013 12:27:58 PM

I don't know anything about computers I would love to build one but every time I see a video of how to, I literally can't understand what they're saying or what the things they put in it does, to put my knowledge in perspective I bought a MAC thinking it's best to play PC games, yea not that smart. But anyway I'm not getting anymore consoles and I would love to put up videos when DayZ standalone and Arma 3 comes out without running into any problems like overheating, fps drops, lag issues, exc so if anyone can help me with this that would be fantastic.
P.S. Sorry if you run into this question several times I'm having some trouble publishing it.

More about : gaming desktop playing recording uploading arma dayz

June 13, 2013 12:30:26 PM

Whats your budget?
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 12:34:06 PM

firo40 said:
Whats your budget?


Preferably something under 600 USD but if that's to little I can wait a while and save up to get the best.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 13, 2013 12:36:38 PM

Arma 3 and day z are very very hard to run without fps drops, with that budget it would be impossible. Save up till your at atleast 1000$ or maybe more for even better results
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 12:42:21 PM

firo40 said:
Arma 3 and day z are very very hard to run without fps drops, with that budget it would be impossible. Save up till your at atleast 1000$ or maybe more for even better results


Ok, when I do have that much witch shouldn't be any longer then a month or two what computer do you suggest I get, and if fps drops are unavoidable then what computer will keep it form dropping to much?
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 12:47:17 PM

Can you build a computer part by part? that is by far the best way to go if youre plan is to buy a prebuilt computer then your going to need to save even more. I would get an I5 3570k with a cooler master hyper evo 212 2x4gb sticks of 1600mhz ddr3 ram a medium priced z77 motherboard, a gtx 770, any full atx case you like a 650-700watt power supply either seasonic corsair or antec. A 1-2tb HDD and you should be fine without having noticable drops at all. With this setup you can easily overclock the cpu with the automatic overclock settings in the bios and have even more performance which will help in those games
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 12:58:44 PM

firo40 said:
Can you build a computer part by part? that is by far the best way to go if youre plan is to buy a prebuilt computer then your going to need to save even more. I would get an I5 3570k with a cooler master hyper evo 212 2x4gb sticks of 1600mhz ddr3 ram a medium priced z77 motherboard, a gtx 770, any full atx case you like a 650-700watt power supply either seasonic corsair or antec. A 1-2tb HDD and you should be fine without having noticable drops at all. With this setup you can easily overclock the cpu with the automatic overclock settings in the bios and have even more performance which will help in those games


I would love to build a computer supposedly it's cheeper but I don't know what any of the stuff you listed is or does I'll give it a shot tho, where can I get the parts does it have to be online or can I get it at a store also.
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 12:59:47 PM

You can get it in the store but its alot more expensive making it not worth it . www.pcpartpicker.com is the easiest and best way to purchase computer parts itll search for the cheapest place to get the parts you want
m
0
l

Best solution

June 13, 2013 1:04:12 PM

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1642m I put together a list for you all you need to do is pick a case and operating system if you need one.
Share
June 13, 2013 1:04:29 PM

That computer would get amazing fps in arma 3 and day z
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 1:10:42 PM

firo40 said:
You can get it in the store but its alot more expensive making it not worth it . www.pcpartpicker.com is the easiest and best way to purchase computer parts itll search for the cheapest place to get the parts you want


firo40 said:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1642m I put together a list for you all you need to do is pick a case and operating system if you need one.


Awesome, thank you I'm going to feel like a moron asking this but what's overclock and I'm guessing an operating system is like windows 7 or something so any suggestions for a good one.
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 1:16:43 PM

id just get windows 7 home and save some money. Overclocking is when you set the processor to run faster then it does out of the box to get even more performance out of it. It used to be only for people with a very good understanding of how but with new motherboard they have automatic settings that overclock for you when you tell them to making it basically one click and youre overclocked
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 1:23:41 PM

firo40 said:
id just get windows 7 home and save some money. Overclocking is when you set the processor to run faster then it does out of the box to get even more performance out of it. It used to be only for people with a very good understanding of how but with new motherboard they have automatic settings that overclock for you when you tell them to making it basically one click and youre overclocked


Thank you so much this really helps.
m
0
l
June 17, 2013 2:58:42 PM

Yeah the 770 runs my Arma 3 on ultra/very high. But I would get 2000mHz RAM and an i7 over i5 if you have the cash.
m
0
l
September 10, 2013 2:34:21 PM

Currently I use ibuypower because there really good. You like customize them and they make it. They have lots of sales to for cheap prices but with a computer you need an monitor any monitor from 22-30 inches are great. Good luck take my advice. If you want I'll give you my email and I can help you pick one out

m
0
l
!