Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Upgrading Graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 13, 2013 5:44:14 PM

Im Looking to update my intel HD graphics 2000 card to a new Gefroce GTX 650 TI and I was wondering if it possible. Thanks

Im running:

intel Core i3-2130 CPU @ 3.4GHz

Ram 6Gb (dont know the name of card)

Intel HD graphics 2000

Gateway DX4870
June 13, 2013 5:46:08 PM

What's your setup? We need to know what you have then we can advice you.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 13, 2013 6:21:29 PM

crazycamaro said:
Ok i posted them


Ok. I see what you have and the GTX 650 Ti should be a huge improvement.
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 6:27:52 PM

Can I install it tho. Do you need more info and I was also wounding do i need to upgrade my power it has 300w
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 6:29:50 PM

crazycamaro said:
Can I install it tho. Do you need more info and I was also wounding do i need to upgrade my power it has 300w


Make sure your motherboard has a PCI-E lane and plug it in there. And make sure your PSU has power connectors for the card. Otherwise you will have to buy a new PSU and Video Card!
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 6:31:40 PM

hero1 said:
crazycamaro said:
Can I install it tho. Do you need more info and I was also wounding do i need to upgrade my power it has 300w


Make sure your motherboard has a PCI-E lane and plug it in there. And make sure your PSU has power connectors for the card. Otherwise you will have to buy a new PSU and Video Card!


Thanks For the help do you have any good PSU that you recommend
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 6:32:52 PM

crazycamaro said:
hero1 said:
crazycamaro said:
Can I install it tho. Do you need more info and I was also wounding do i need to upgrade my power it has 300w


Make sure your motherboard has a PCI-E lane and plug it in there. And make sure your PSU has power connectors for the card. Otherwise you will have to buy a new PSU and Video Card!


Thanks For the help do you have any good PSU that you recommend


Grab a 500 watt from either Corsair or Antec and you should be fine.
m
0
l
June 13, 2013 6:43:51 PM

hero1 said:
crazycamaro said:
hero1 said:
crazycamaro said:
Can I install it tho. Do you need more info and I was also wounding do i need to upgrade my power it has 300w


Make sure your motherboard has a PCI-E lane and plug it in there. And make sure your PSU has power connectors for the card. Otherwise you will have to buy a new PSU and Video Card!


Thanks For the help do you have any good PSU that you recommend


Grab a 500 watt from either Corsair or Antec and you should be fine.


Thabks I found a cheap set up of 175$ Yea!!!!

m
0
l

Best solution

June 13, 2013 6:44:46 PM

crazycamaro said:
hero1 said:
crazycamaro said:
hero1 said:
crazycamaro said:
Can I install it tho. Do you need more info and I was also wounding do i need to upgrade my power it has 300w


Make sure your motherboard has a PCI-E lane and plug it in there. And make sure your PSU has power connectors for the card. Otherwise you will have to buy a new PSU and Video Card!


Thanks For the help do you have any good PSU that you recommend


Grab a 500 watt from either Corsair or Antec and you should be fine.


Thabks I found a cheap set up of 175$ Yea!!!!



You're welcome.
Share
!