Solved

Does this motherboard support my cpu?

I have the asus m5a78l-mlx PLUS and the amd phenom II 965 x4 black edition 125w.

In the motherboard manual it says it supports up to 125w cpus..I noticed in cpu-z that my core speed is only 800mhz
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard support cpu
  1. That's power saving mode if you're idle, if you stress it it should read the correct speed. That motherboard is fine.
  2. Can I turn off powersaving mode? I'm running warframe(pc game) and a few other applications. It's still at 800mhz
    aatje92 said:
    That's power saving mode if you're idle, if you stress it it should read the correct speed. That motherboard is fine.
  3. Hmm, that's odd, what's the temp of your CPU? You can check it with coretemp i.e.
  4. all 4 cores are running at a max of 43c
    aatje92 said:
    Hmm, that's odd, what's the temp of your CPU? You can check it with coretemp i.e.
  5. Idle? That's way too high for idle. You should check if the heatsink is attached properly
  6. How do i test it at idle? I have skype and google chrome open? Does that matter? I went into my amd catalyst control panel and under cpu power I found a slider. It was set to make the cpu run at 800mhz(said power saving mode) when I moved the slider to max(3400mhz) cpu-z said it was running at 3400 mhz and my temps got a max of 51c
    aatje92 said:
    Idle? That's way too high for idle. You should check if the heatsink is attached properly
  7. Was that temp with chrome and skype open? Then it's way too hot. How hot does it get when you stress with prime95?
  8. Max temp on the cpu when prime95 is running is 58c
    aatje92 said:
    Was that temp with chrome and skype open? Then it's way too hot. How hot does it get when you stress with prime95?
  9. Best answer
    How long did you let it run? That looks fine though and the speed problem is fixed now right? So you're good to go.
  10. I've been letting it run for 6 minutes so far. no higher than 58c
    aatje92 said:
    How long did you let it run? That looks fine though and the speed problem is fixed now right? So you're good to go.
Ask a new question