Honorable
Feb 2, 2013
naturally followed by a change of mobo, 990FXA-GD65 to z77

i played AC3 and in some places i felt a very slight drop of frame rate
i felt like the blame must be on this 8350 coz my GPU is 7970

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
No gpu, but especially AMDs, will play ac3 well. My 7950 also gets bad frame rates but that has to do a little with my CPU. I got better fps on a 660. Its not your CPU it's just ubisoft being retarded and coding the game badly

Have you overclocked the 8350 to see if you can avoid the slight drop in FPS ? There are a lot of games that when playing online and with intense explosions and many players that there can be a drop in FPS even with some of the top quality components. If you feel that the CPU is a bottleneck and you haven't overclocked then by doing so you can relieve that bottleneck, if you have overclocked then you could switch to Intel to see if you can remedy your situation.
There is also a recently published article that states AMD processors work better with Nvidia graphics cards, strange as it may seem. So possibly a change in video card would solve your problem instead of a new platform. I'll see if I can dig up that article.

If the drop I FPS is enough to annoy you and you want to change to the Intel setup you don't have to go with the i7-3770k, you can get an i5-3570k and have good results. Also Haswell is now out so the i5-4670k would be a good choice and it can be overclocked.

Found it;

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crossfire-sli-scaling-bottleneck,3471-12.html