Sign in with
Your question

Is a FX-8350 good enough for a gtx 770?

Last response: in Components
June 14, 2013 9:56:19 AM

I am planing to build a gaming pc, and I want to know if a fx-8350 is good enough for a gtx 770 or is it going to bottleneck it.

More about : 8350 good gtx 770

a b 4 Gaming
June 14, 2013 10:14:44 AM

not gonna bottleneck you at any resolution you should be buying that gpu for. there are some intel optimized titles like civ5 and skyrim that will be bottlenecked a bit.

lets make it easy for you though. I'm rolling with a PhII x4 965be + HD 7770 at 1080p 60hz refresh... and i've yet to find a game that plays choppy. Of course my monitor is capped at 60fps... so purhaps i'd notice a difference with a better monitor and gpu... but i fail to see the point. I'm playing all my games at high/ultra settings and it's smooth as silk.

At 1080p and higher resolutions the bottleneck becomes the gpu anyway... personally i wonder sometimes at what visual experience people think they're getting with their i7s and titans... but then i guess if i had that type of cash i'd probably buy a 3 screen super rig and make the titan's earn their keep. So it makes some sense.

The short answer is "you'll be fine"
the long answer is "depending on your monitor, games you play, and resolutions you probably will never see a difference"
June 14, 2013 10:51:38 AM

ingtar33 said:
not gonna bottleneck you at any resolution you should be buying that gpu for. there are some intel optimized titles like civ5 and skyrim that will be bottlenecked a bit.

lets make it easy for you though. I'm rolling with a PhII x4 965be + HD 7770 at 1080p 60hz refresh... and i've yet to find a game that plays choppy. Of course my monitor is capped at 60fps... so purhaps i'd notice a difference with a better monitor and gpu... but i fail to see the point. I'm playing all my games at high/ultra settings and it's smooth as silk.

At 1080p and higher resolutions the bottleneck becomes the gpu anyway... personally i wonder sometimes at what visual experience people think they're getting with their i7s and titans... but then i guess if i had that type of cash i'd probably buy a 3 screen super rig and make the titan's earn their keep. So it makes some sense.

The short answer is "you'll be fine"
the long answer is "depending on your monitor, games you play, and resolutions you probably will never see a difference"

Thank you for the reply
Related resources
a c 283 4 Gaming
June 14, 2013 11:43:57 AM

My son runs that combo and it knocks games out.
June 14, 2013 3:25:22 PM

cernjak said:
I am planing to build a gaming pc, and I want to know if a fx-8350 is good enough for a gtx 770 or is it going to bottleneck it.

I'm running that very combination right now . . . screaming fast.
!