My budget would be $1200 (after tax). I am willing to increase the budget if needed.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I prefer 15.6 as that is what I am currently using.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920 x 1080 is a must! Or bigger.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable laptop as I won't be living at home.
5. How much battery life do you need?
I will need 6+ batter hours.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I play League of Legends (currently at Low setting, and would not mind playing it either at low or medium)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I need it to run Microsoft Office, and many coding softwares.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I need 1TB but I prefer having SSD
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I will need it to last for 5-6 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I do not really need it.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I was thinking of Lenovo, Asus and Apple. My desktop and laptop are HPs and I have a serious issue with my motherboard overheating (Pavilion) but do not mind it if Envy is good.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I prefer thin in order to carry it around. If you can't, its fine.
Thank you in advance.
More about :laptop university computer science major