Solved

Does a LGA 1155 cooler fit into a LGA 1150 socket?

I tried looking this up but all the results were pre-haswell assumptions. Now that it's out, has anyone confirmed it?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about lga 1155 cooler fit lga 1150 socket
  1. Best answer
    LGA1150 and LGA1155 sockets have the same holes for mounting CPU coolers, meaning a cooler that supports 1155 socket will support 1150 boards, and vice versa.
  2. melikepie said:
    I tried looking this up but all the results were pre-haswell assumptions. Now that it's out, has anyone confirmed it?


    Was this confirmed?
  3. Dogeisilluminati said:
    melikepie said:
    I tried looking this up but all the results were pre-haswell assumptions. Now that it's out, has anyone confirmed it?


    Was this confirmed?



    yes. i'm using the stock cooler from my i5-3570k on my i3-4130 setup (since the i5's cooler is better than the i3's and the i3 isn't being overclocked)
  4. giantbucket said:
    Dogeisilluminati said:
    melikepie said:
    I tried looking this up but all the results were pre-haswell assumptions. Now that it's out, has anyone confirmed it?


    Was this confirmed?



    yes. i'm using the stock cooler from my i5-3570k on my i3-4130 setup (since the i5's cooler is better than the i3's and the i3 isn't being overclocked)


    i know this is an old thread but would this also apply to the LGA 1151, i noticed on frozencpu they have a category marked "LGA 115x" whereas all the other sockets have their own individual category. so would any LGA 115- work on my LGA 1151 board?
  5. 06coopers said:

    i know this is an old thread but would this also apply to the LGA 1151, i noticed on frozencpu they have a category marked "LGA 115x" whereas all the other sockets have their own individual category. so would any LGA 115- work on my LGA 1151 board?


    Yes, LGA115x are all the same for coolers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling Socket CPUs