Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Looking for GPU upgrade advice?!?!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 15, 2013 7:19:48 PM

Hello all, I have a MCP6PB M2+ Ver. 6.0 which i know is old but im trying to keep it going. I Currently have an Ati Radeion 4650 and i was wondering what i could upgrade to for not to high of price? just trying to not have to buy a new computer lol

More about : gpu upgrade advice

June 15, 2013 7:45:23 PM

Well what exactly is your budget here? We need numbers.
m
0
l
June 15, 2013 8:44:02 PM

Lookin for somethin like $120 or under
m
0
l
Related resources
June 15, 2013 8:45:27 PM

icypyro said:
Well what exactly is your budget here? We need numbers.


Trying to spend no more than $120
m
0
l
June 15, 2013 9:37:44 PM

zackas94 said:
icypyro said:
Well what exactly is your budget here? We need numbers.


Trying to spend no more than $120

Sounds like the best choice for you is a Radeon 7770. As long as you have a strong enough of a PSU to handle its light load, you should be good to go.
m
0
l
June 15, 2013 10:14:29 PM

a radeon hd 7770 (if you have a good psu )

a radeon hd 7750 (if you've a very weak psu)
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 6:56:36 AM

icypyro said:
zackas94 said:
icypyro said:
Well what exactly is your budget here? We need numbers.


Trying to spend no more than $120

Sounds like the best choice for you is a Radeon 7770. As long as you have a strong enough of a PSU to handle its light load, you should be good to go.


Is a 450 Watt Power Supply enough? Im running the motherboared with a Phenom amd phenom x4 9650.
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 7:15:58 AM

brand, make, model ???if its a generic one then you should go with radeon hd 7750.
m
0
l

Best solution

June 16, 2013 7:39:22 AM

zackas94 said:
icypyro said:
zackas94 said:
icypyro said:
Well what exactly is your budget here? We need numbers.


Trying to spend no more than $120

Sounds like the best choice for you is a Radeon 7770. As long as you have a strong enough of a PSU to handle its light load, you should be good to go.


Is a 450 Watt Power Supply enough? Im running the motherboared with a Phenom amd phenom x4 9650.

You should be fine with that. After looking up the power consumption of the 4650 and the 7770, I can tell you the 7770 uses MUCH less power. Here's some benchmarks.

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_7770/images/pow...

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_4650_OC/images/po...
Share
!