Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need an expert to look at my setup before buying.

Tags:
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
June 16, 2013 3:39:37 AM

Hi guys, i was wondering if someone could give me some input on my build?
i am getting ready to buy the parts just need to make sure it will run without problems. This is my second build, i built a AMD apu pc that turned out well. I was hoping this build could run future games like Battlefield 4, gta 5, Watch dogs on max or max with some adjustments. I am on a $1200 budget, and have already reached my limit. So i can only sub some stuff not add, also i am not a big fan of water cooling seen some pretty bad stuff lol anyway let me know what changes i should make. -thanks for looking-

Build-
-Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7950 OC with Boost 3 GB DDR5
-Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz (Plan to OC 4.3ghz)
-MSI Z77A-G45 DDR3 1066 Intel-LGA 1155 Motherboard (red/black)
-Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
-Corsair Enthusiast Series 650-Watt 80 Plus Bronze
-WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive (prefer over ssd)
-Corsair Vengeance Red 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
-Zalman Z11PLUS HF1 ATX Mid Tower Case
-Asus 24xDVD-RW
-Microsoft SideWinder X4 Keyboard
-SteelSeries QcK Gaming Mouse Pad
-E-blue Cobra Juior 1600dpi Gaming Mouse (really great gaming mouse for price)
-Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows ( 4 Racing games)

Let me know guys thanks.

More about : expert setup buying

Best solution

June 16, 2013 3:56:31 AM

u do not need 16gb of ram for gaming get 8gb and spend the money saved on getting hd 7970 the cheapest i would recommend
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
as gpu is very important for gaming and ram u can just add it later if u feel the need for it

the cpu cooler will easily get u to that speed even higher

the psu is a bit overkill for hd 7970 a good 550 watts will be sufficient
Share
June 16, 2013 3:59:44 AM

First change your CPU to the newest Intel 4670k.

Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.8 GHZ 6 MB Cache - BX80646I54670K

Also your motherboard with a new Z87 one. I prefer Gigabyte for O/C. Just a preference though!

Gigabyte Z87 LGA 1150 2 Way SLI HDMI DVI Displayport ATX

Start with 8GB of RAM to save some $$. It's enough for gaming.

Kingston Hyper X Blu 8 GB (2x4GB Modules) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 XMP Desktop Memory - KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX

A regular version of 7950 is better to save some more $$ without losing perfomance

Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/Dual Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express Graphics Card with Boost 21196-00-20G

Also you don't need such big PSU. Take the XFX 550W which also support the energy saving futures of your CPU!

XFX ATX 550 Power Supply - P1550SXXB9

I also like this case

Antec One Computer Case




m
0
l
Related resources
June 16, 2013 11:27:52 AM

l89 said:
u do not need 16gb of ram for gaming get 8gb and spend the money saved on getting hd 7970 the cheapest i would recommend
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
as gpu is very important for gaming and ram u can just add it later if u feel the need for it

the cpu cooler will easily get u to that speed even higher

the psu is a bit overkill for hd 7970 a good 550 watts will be sufficient


hmm i was actually thinking about that, i can just downgrade the psu to a corsair 600watt psu that it self is like $30 bucks cheaper. As for ram, 8gb would probably work, i can get the 8gb model for $50 bucks cheaper thats $80 buck right there. But is the 7970 really worth it i heard its only 5% difference from the 7950?
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 11:38:16 AM

michxymi said:
First change your CPU to the newest Intel 4670k.

Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.8 GHZ 6 MB Cache - BX80646I54670K

Also your motherboard with a new Z87 one. I prefer Gigabyte for O/C. Just a preference though!

Gigabyte Z87 LGA 1150 2 Way SLI HDMI DVI Displayport ATX

Start with 8GB of RAM to save some $$. It's enough for gaming.

Kingston Hyper X Blu 8 GB (2x4GB Modules) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 XMP Desktop Memory - KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX

A regular version of 7950 is better to save some more $$ without losing perfomance

Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB DDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/Dual Mini DisplayPort PCI-Express Graphics Card with Boost 21196-00-20G

Also you don't need such big PSU. Take the XFX 550W which also support the energy saving futures of your CPU!

XFX ATX 550 Power Supply - P1550SXXB9

I also like this case

Antec One Computer Case






I heard that the i5 4670k is not worth the upgrade from a ivy 3570k and most 4670k owners that i know that upgrade and were overclockers end up switching back to the 3570k.
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 1:01:56 PM

Genericgamer0 said:
I heard that the i5 4670k is not worth the upgrade from a ivy 3570k and most 4670k owners that i know that upgrade and were overclockers end up switching back to the 3570k.


Really? I haven't seen much negative press about the 4670K. I would still get the latest hardware you can get no matter what your budget is.

Your original build looks pretty decent. I would leave the mouse pad off (a waste of money if you ask me) and I would maybe drop a couple of the expensive peripherals. You also don't need 16GB of RAM either.
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 1:11:51 PM

g-unit1111 said:
Genericgamer0 said:
I heard that the i5 4670k is not worth the upgrade from a ivy 3570k and most 4670k owners that i know that upgrade and were overclockers end up switching back to the 3570k.


Really? I haven't seen much negative press about the 4670K. I would still get the latest hardware you can get no matter what your budget is.

Your original build looks pretty decent. I would leave the mouse pad off (a waste of money if you ask me) and I would maybe drop a couple of the expensive peripherals. You also don't need 16GB of RAM either.


I dont think is a bad upgrade either but its not much different from the 3570k, but the 3570k is much easier to overclock and since i am a noob overclocker i thought it would be a great match :) 
Oh and i think i will downgrade the psu and the ram to a 600watt psu and a 8gb 1600mgz memory and probably get a cheaper mouse pad saved 80 bucks
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 1:22:35 PM

Genericgamer0 said:
TheBigTroll said:
a much better choice
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/16XFC

at a 1200 dollar budget, you better have a SSD


There's no graphics card??


there is
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 2:49:42 PM

Genericgamer0 said:

I dont think is a bad upgrade either but its not much different from the 3570k, but the 3570k is much easier to overclock and since i am a noob overclocker i thought it would be a great match :) 
Oh and i think i will downgrade the psu and the ram to a 600watt psu and a 8gb 1600mgz memory and probably get a cheaper mouse pad saved 80 bucks


You don't need a mouse pad, period. It's a waste of money.
m
0
l
!