Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HD 7970 GHz Price Increase?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 16, 2013 7:39:47 AM

Hello,
I've been looking into getting a HD 7970 GHz in a new rig I'm planning to build in the near future. While in the past (ie: yesterday) this card cost about $390, it now costs $460. What's up with that?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Best solution

June 16, 2013 7:44:17 AM

I've never seen that card below $440, so it must have been a one day deal or something. You should consider the gtx 770 instead right now, as it is the same or lower price depending on which cooler you choose, and it performs better. If you really want to stick with amd, you could get this card or wait for the next gen equivalent.
June 16, 2013 7:50:55 AM

Norlag said:
I've never seen that card below $440, so it must have been a one day deal or something. You should consider the gtx 770 instead right now, as it is the same or lower price depending on which cooler you choose, and it performs better. If you really want to stick with amd, you could get this card or wait for the next gen equivalent.

Thanks for your reply!

It couldn't have been a one day deal since I had been looking at this card for about a week on both Amazon and Newegg. Like you suggested I will go with a gtx 770; an MSI GTX 770 Lightning or a Zotac GTX 770.

Do you have any opinions on either card?
Related resources
June 16, 2013 7:54:05 AM

RandomSauce22 said:
Norlag said:

Thanks for your reply!

It couldn't have been a one day deal since I had been looking at this card for about a week on both Amazon and Newegg. Like you suggested I will go with a gtx 770; an MSI GTX 770 Lightning or a Zotac GTX 770.

Do you have any opinions on either card?

I would choose the msi lightning if you want to overclock, and the evga acx version if you want to save some money while still getting great cooling.
June 16, 2013 7:58:06 AM

Thanks again for your help! I'll probably pick up the MSI.
!