HD 7970 GHz Price Increase?

Solution
I've never seen that card below $440, so it must have been a one day deal or something. You should consider the gtx 770 instead right now, as it is the same or lower price depending on which cooler you choose, and it performs better. If you really want to stick with amd, you could get this card or wait for the next gen equivalent.

Norlag

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
I've never seen that card below $440, so it must have been a one day deal or something. You should consider the gtx 770 instead right now, as it is the same or lower price depending on which cooler you choose, and it performs better. If you really want to stick with amd, you could get this card or wait for the next gen equivalent.

Solution

RandomSauce22

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013

Thanks for your reply!

It couldn't have been a one day deal since I had been looking at this card for about a week on both Amazon and Newegg. Like you suggested I will go with a gtx 770; an MSI GTX 770 Lightning or a Zotac GTX 770.

Do you have any opinions on either card?

Norlag

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

I would choose the msi lightning if you want to overclock, and the evga acx version if you want to save some money while still getting great cooling.