Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX 660 ti or dual 650 ti Boost in SLI?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 16, 2013 7:47:07 AM

It seems like i'm going to need a new card soon. I'm not sure to go with a single GTX 600ti or 650 ti Boost in 2-way-SLI. What do you guys recommend.
Thanks
June 16, 2013 7:55:46 AM

Aabro said:
It seems like i'm going to need a new card soon. I'm not sure to go with a single GTX 600ti or 650 ti Boost in 2-way-SLI. What do you guys recommend.
Thanks


650TI SLI is 80-90% better than the 660TI in games that scale.

If your power supply and motherboard accepts it, i would buy ONE 660Ti, the SLI after price drops this summer. or go for a 770.
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 8:21:08 AM

The 650 Ti Boost in SLI is faster than any single GPU same generation card which cost over $100 more....and nothking comes anywhere close in performance per dollar.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_6...

Whether I went with those or a 770 would depend upon how new the rest of the system was. If older, id do the twin 650 Ti boosts.... if < 6 months old, id do the 770
m
0
l
Related resources
June 16, 2013 8:26:00 AM

JackNaylorPE said:
The 650 Ti Boost in SLI is faster than any single GPU same generation card which cost over $100 more....and nothking comes anywhere close in performance per dollar.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_6...

Whether I went with those or a 770 would depend upon how new the rest of the system was. If older, id do the twin 650 Ti boosts.... if < 6 months old, id do the 770


Thanks man! I may consider 770.
My system:
Mobo - Asus sabertooth 990fx
CPU - AMD FX 8320
Memory - 8GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU - Corsair GS700W

So.. what do you recommend then? :) 

m
0
l
June 16, 2013 8:54:51 AM

Aabro said:
JackNaylorPE said:
The 650 Ti Boost in SLI is faster than any single GPU same generation card which cost over $100 more....and nothking comes anywhere close in performance per dollar.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_6...

Whether I went with those or a 770 would depend upon how new the rest of the system was. If older, id do the twin 650 Ti boosts.... if < 6 months old, id do the 770


Thanks man! I may consider 770.
My system:
Mobo - Asus sabertooth 990fx
CPU - AMD FX 8320
Memory - 8GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU - Corsair GS700W

So.. what do you recommend then? :) 



Single card because if you crossfire your cpu will bottleneck. Best to go for a single 770 since your on a 60hz monitor i assume.

m
0
l
!