Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How's this PC spec's?

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 16, 2013 1:01:42 PM

Hello, I'm just curious to hear how this computer build would handle games of this current gen like BF3, Skyrim and also Source games like LF2, C.S . And how it would hold out against newer games coming.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-3240 Dual Core 3.40 GHz 3MB Cache LGA1155 + HD Graphics

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43 Intel Z77 Chipset, ATX Mainboard w/ 4 RAM slots, IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x PCIe x16 (1 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 1x PCIe x1 & 3 PCI ***Overclockable XXX***

Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) PC12800 DDR3/1600mhz Dual Channel Memory (Kingston HyperX Blu w/Heat Spreader)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

Power Supply Upgrade: 600 Watts Power Supplies (Corsair 600 Watts CX600 Gaming Power Supply, 80+)

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)


I made this from cyberpowerPC and its total price was $634

More about : spec

June 16, 2013 1:03:15 PM

It should play them at high settings. NOT max in new games.

That motherboard is a WASTE because you have an i3 which is just a dual core and cannot be overclocked. Get a b75 or h77 chip set motherboard instead.

m
0
l
June 16, 2013 1:13:27 PM

tiny voices said:
It should play them at high settings. NOT max in new games.

That motherboard is a WASTE because you have an i3 which is just a dual core and cannot be overclocked. Get a b75 or h77 chip set motherboard instead.


Alright thanks a lot for that, also do you think that comp is worth the price? or can I possibly build something a little better for similar price?
m
0
l
Related resources
June 16, 2013 1:17:18 PM

It is actually a decent priced system. Does it come with windows? If so, its a good deal.
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 1:26:55 PM

tiny voices said:
It is actually a decent priced system. Does it come with windows? If so, its a good deal.


Yeah, It does. I can also choose whether to have Win 7 or Win 8 and it would still be the same price according to the website. I currently use Win 7 and I'm already super used to it, do you think I should change over to Win 8?
m
0
l

Best solution

June 16, 2013 1:28:07 PM

I would get windows 8.

Also, switch to a h77 motherboard and bump the CPU up to the cheapest i5.
Share
June 16, 2013 1:35:21 PM

tiny voices said:
I would get windows 8.

Also, switch to a h77 motherboard and bump the CPU up to the cheapest i5.


Alright, i'll do that. Thanks a bunch for the help
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 1:35:56 PM

Awesome! always glad to be able to help.
m
0
l
!