Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

i7-4770K, 2nd Build. Please check. Advice???

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 16, 2013 1:59:33 PM

This is my 2nd build for my brother, and he wants a powerful pc.

Here it is. Please help me check if there's anything that needs to improve. Thank you

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1764F
June 16, 2013 2:02:02 PM

Trojans said:
This is my 2nd build for my brother, and he wants a powerful pc.

Here it is. Please help me check if there's anything that needs to improve. Thank you

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1764F


Nothing wrong with that and almost duped my rig.

m
0
l
June 16, 2013 2:04:45 PM

Does he do alot of video editing and photo editing? if not get the 4670k and save the money you wont see any differance in gaming but youll save money
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

June 16, 2013 2:14:20 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($178.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($129.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($84.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($419.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Gold 850W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1497.38
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-16 17:14 EDT-0400)


Nzxt 810
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-casw810w1
Share
June 16, 2013 2:18:24 PM

firo40 said:
Does he do alot of video editing and photo editing? if not get the 4670k and save the money you wont see any differance in gaming but youll save money


I bought the processor at Micro Center. They're currently selling i7-4770K at 239.99, and i5-4670 at 199.99. So only $40 difference, I got i7
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 2:20:23 PM

Then get the i7-4770k + gigabyte z87 ud4h bundle !
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 3:24:03 PM

Trojans said:
firo40 said:
Does he do alot of video editing and photo editing? if not get the 4670k and save the money you wont see any differance in gaming but youll save money


I bought the processor at Micro Center. They're currently selling i7-4770K at 239.99, and i5-4670 at 199.99. So only $40 difference, I got i7


Geez, I paid $349.99 for my 4770k at Newegg. :p 
m
0
l
June 16, 2013 3:26:09 PM

firo40 said:
Does he do alot of video editing and photo editing? if not get the 4670k and save the money you wont see any differance in gaming but youll save money


A I said early on, that will probably be the top seller.

m
0
l
June 16, 2013 8:18:46 PM

coastie65 said:
Trojans said:
firo40 said:
Does he do alot of video editing and photo editing? if not get the 4670k and save the money you wont see any differance in gaming but youll save money


I bought the processor at Micro Center. They're currently selling i7-4770K at 239.99, and i5-4670 at 199.99. So only $40 difference, I got i7


Geez, I paid $349.99 for my 4770k at Newegg. :p 


If I were you, I would return it immediately.:bounce:  That's too much.
m
0
l
June 17, 2013 5:40:45 AM

Don't have a Microcenter here. All we have is BestBuy & hhgregg. I was wrong I got it and the Motherboard from TigerDirect, but the prices are the same as NewEgg.
m
0
l
!