Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this CPU bottleneck this GPU?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 17, 2013 10:21:38 AM

I am buying a intel i5 3470 if I buy a gtx 680 will it bottleneck it?

More about : cpu bottleneck gpu

Best solution

a b à CPUs
June 17, 2013 10:28:26 AM

No. The i5 3470 is a pretty decent CPU, it is a quadcore, so it will perform in multithreaded tasks quite well, and its single core performance is nothing to sneeze at. But I would suggest getting a 770, much more bang for buck.
Share
June 17, 2013 10:33:50 AM

expl0itfinder said:
No. The i5 3470 is a pretty decent CPU, it is a quadcore, so it will perform in multithreaded tasks quite well, and its single core performance is nothing to sneeze at. But I would suggest getting a 770, much more bang for buck.

Ok and do you know what CPU would start to cause it to bottleneck?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2013 10:37:55 AM

You could probably even push an i3 3220. But that is as low as I would go, mainly because just because something doesn't bottleneck now doesnt mean that it won't in the future. I would stick with the i5 3470, just because it will last for quite a while.
m
0
l
June 17, 2013 10:41:01 AM

expl0itfinder said:
You could probably even push an i3 3220. But that is as low as I would go, mainly because just because something doesn't bottleneck now doesnt mean that it won't in the future. I would stick with the i5 3470, just because it will last for quite a while.


Ok and do you think think this is a good card, as you can Probally tell this is going to be my first PC build an I'm just trying to get a good card that will run bf4 at decent fps. http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemNumber=N82E168141...
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2013 10:42:20 AM

That card kicks ass. Much better performance per dollar than the 680.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2013 10:46:20 AM

Yeah, why buy a 680 when the 770 is faster and cheaper it doesn't make any sense.
m
0
l
June 17, 2013 10:47:53 AM

littleleo said:
Yeah, why buy a 680 when the 770 is faster and cheaper it doesn't make any sense.


Lol idk I'm a noob but this card looks awsome and I can't wait to get it hopefully it can handle bf4
m
0
l
June 17, 2013 10:49:00 AM

expl0itfinder said:
That card kicks ass. Much better performance per dollar than the 680.


Ok cool, and do you think it will run bf3/bf4 at a decent fps?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2013 10:53:47 AM

Matt Muller said:
expl0itfinder said:
That card kicks ass. Much better performance per dollar than the 680.


Ok cool, and do you think it will run bf3/bf4 at a decent fps?


Bf3 on ultra, 60+ fps, guaranteed. Bf4, at least high settings at 60fps i would think. Very powerful card.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2013 11:35:36 AM

Matt Muller said:
expl0itfinder said:
That card kicks ass. Much better performance per dollar than the 680.


Ok cool, and do you think it will run bf3/bf4 at a decent fps?


It will be a great choice for you, but if your not happy you can send it to me, lol. ;^D
m
0
l
June 17, 2013 12:58:57 PM

littleleo said:
Matt Muller said:
expl0itfinder said:
That card kicks ass. Much better performance per dollar than the 680.


Ok cool, and do you think it will run bf3/bf4 at a decent fps?


It will be a great choice for you, but if your not happy you can send it to me, lol. ;^D

Lol I wish I had that money that I could give out $400 GPUS that would be awsome well thanks helped out a lot
m
0
l
!