Solved

Just a question about a cooler i want to get, about 1 month after i build my pc.

Hey, so i want to build a gaming pc, but i wont overclock. I dont have money to get the system and a cooler so i will be getting a cooler 1 month later.

So, i am planning to buy the hyper 212 evo.
Here is my system:
CPU:AMD FX-8350 4.0GHZ 8-CORE BOX: http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.559642
GPU: Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD7950: http://www.you.gr/b2c_iqshop/b2c/pd.do?pg=E14DB254CD30FEF1AC0FD8D3859717C0&pa=E21C0409916F834B9F2D8CDD65838F2D
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3: http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.526916
HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL WD10EZEX 1TB CAVIAR BLUE SATA3: http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.303039
WiFi Adapter:TP-LINK TL-WN881ND 300MBPS WIRELESS N PCI EXPRESS ADAPTER: http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.612474
Case: AEROCOOL X-WARRIOR BLACK EDITION: http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.808779
PSU: CORSAIR GAMING SERIES GS700 700W: http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.549984
DVD Writer: LG GH24NS95 SUPER MULTI INTERNAL 24X: http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.330697
RAM:G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3: http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.556216

So here are my questions...
Will the cooler fit in the case along with the PSU and GPU?
Do i have to apply a thermal paste on the cpu when i will be installing the hyper 212 evo cooler?
Is this a good one? http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.808882
And do i have to buy another fan to put on the cooler(though i wont be buying it this year because i wont have enough money and the money ive spent for the system are too much...)? Should i stick just with the one fan that comes preinstalled in the cooler? Or maybe put the stock fan on the cooler too?

I will be using the stock AMD cooler the first month, till i get the coolermaster hyper 212 evo.
Thanks for your time.
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about question cooler month build
  1. Here's an update.....
    So, i completelly forgot about the Speakers, so i will be ditching the cooler and getting the speakers and the thermal paste mentioned in the OP... Any comments on my decision?
    Btw this is only temporary, might be getting the cooler in a few months.
  2. John901 said:
    Here's an update.....
    So, i completelly forgot about the Speakers, so i will be ditching the cooler and getting the speakers and the thermal paste mentioned in the OP... Any comments on my decision?
    Btw this is only temporary, might be getting the cooler in a few months.


    You're wasting money buying additional thermal compound. I wouldn't buy tin can speakers - if you're going to get speakers save your money and get a good pair, getting a $20 pair of speakers isn't a good idea, the ones built into your monitor are better than those.
  3. g-unit1111 said:
    John901 said:
    Here's an update.....
    So, i completelly forgot about the Speakers, so i will be ditching the cooler and getting the speakers and the thermal paste mentioned in the OP... Any comments on my decision?
    Btw this is only temporary, might be getting the cooler in a few months.

    You're wasting money buying additional thermal compound. I wouldn't buy tin can speakers - if you're going to get speakers save your money and get a good pair, getting a $20 pair of speakers isn't a good idea, the ones built into your monitor are better than those.

    I dont think i will be getting a monitor with build-in speakers...
  4. John901 said:
    g-unit1111 said:
    John901 said:
    Here's an update.....
    So, i completelly forgot about the Speakers, so i will be ditching the cooler and getting the speakers and the thermal paste mentioned in the OP... Any comments on my decision?
    Btw this is only temporary, might be getting the cooler in a few months.

    You're wasting money buying additional thermal compound. I wouldn't buy tin can speakers - if you're going to get speakers save your money and get a good pair, getting a $20 pair of speakers isn't a good idea, the ones built into your monitor are better than those.

    I dont think i will be getting a monitor with build-in speakers...


    Yeah but most speakers that are low cost have extremely poor sound quality. Most monitors around € 130 - € 140 will have speakers built in. But you don't need to get extra thermal compound, that's a waste of money.
  5. Can you suggest another good cooler, that i can buy for 30 euros or less?
    If i find one then i wont be getting the hyper 212 evo and i will be getting the cheaper one instead.
    Pls, make sure it fits in the system and that its a good one...
    Thanks

    http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.806761 This one maybe?
    Does it have thermal grease in the box? Should i not buy a thermal grease and use the one included in the box?
  6. John901 said:
    Can you suggest another good cooler, that i can buy for 30 euros or less?
    If i find one then i wont be getting the hyper 212 evo and i will be getting the cheaper one instead.
    Pls, make sure it fits in the system and that its a good one...
    Thanks

    http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.806761 This one maybe?
    Does it have thermal grease in the box? Should i not buy a thermal grease and use the one included in the box?


    The Hyper 212 Evo is one of the best you can get in the € 30 range. It does come with some good thermal compound, there's no need to buy extra.
  7. g-unit1111 said:
    John901 said:
    Can you suggest another good cooler, that i can buy for 30 euros or less?
    If i find one then i wont be getting the hyper 212 evo and i will be getting the cheaper one instead.
    Pls, make sure it fits in the system and that its a good one...
    Thanks

    http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.806761 This one maybe?
    Does it have thermal grease in the box? Should i not buy a thermal grease and use the one included in the box?


    The Hyper 212 Evo is one of the best you can get in the € 30 range. It does come with some good thermal compound, there's no need to buy extra.


    Yeah... about that... i said another cooler i can get for 30 euros or less... So, not the hyper 212 evo cause it costs 35 euros...
    How about the one i posted?
  8. Whats wrong with the Evo?
  9. smeezekitty said:
    Whats wrong with the Evo?


    i just said i dont have the money. the 30 or less euros+the price of the keyboard,mouse and speakers have already gone out of my budget. Please understand...
  10. John901 said:

    Yeah... about that... i said another cooler i can get for 30 euros or less... So, not the hyper 212 evo cause it costs 35 euros...
    How about the one i posted?


    That fan is OK, but the question I should ask is how set are you on overclocking? Because if you're on the fence about it, you could run an Intel i5-4430 and then drop any additional cooling hardware you plan to buy.
  11. g-unit1111 said:
    John901 said:

    Yeah... about that... i said another cooler i can get for 30 euros or less... So, not the hyper 212 evo cause it costs 35 euros...
    How about the one i posted?


    That fan is OK, but the question I should ask is how set are you on overclocking? Because if you're on the fence about it, you could run an Intel i5-4430 and then drop any additional cooling hardware you plan to buy.

    I have already ordered those parts from a local store and they told me they are on their way. So i cant take back the order. I chose an 8core cpu because i will be playing heavy games,maybe streaming and doing lots of multitasking. And i want my system to last for about 2-3 years without needing to spend any more money on parts that might be damaged/broken, so i decided that i wont overclock the cpu, or i will oc it to 4.3GHz max but not this year.
    I want a cpu suitable for multitasking and heavy gaming, and this is why i picked the amd fx 8350 and not an intel haswell. I think i would have the money to replace the 8350+mobo with the 4670k+mobo but its ok i guess...
  12. Btw, why would you say that if im not going to oc i should get the i5?
    I am going to multitask and play games, and since this cpu is for multitasking i chose this one...
  13. John901 said:
    Btw, why would you say that if im not going to oc i should get the i5?
    I am going to multitask and play games, and since this cpu is for multitasking i chose this one...


    Only the K processors can overclock. Everything else won't. If you get a K CPU you're fine.
  14. If you're not OCing this year, then don't bother with a cooler at all. Stock cooler is good enough for stock speeds.
  15. ballerslife said:
    If you're not OCing this year, then don't bother with a cooler at all. Stock cooler is good enough for stock speeds.



    That's what I thought until people told me that the stock cooler is loud and it won't do good job cooling... I will be able to play crysis 3 smoothly with the stock cooler, right?
  16. John901 said:
    ballerslife said:
    If you're not OCing this year, then don't bother with a cooler at all. Stock cooler is good enough for stock speeds.



    That's what I thought until people told me that the stock cooler is loud and it won't do good job cooling... I will be able to play crysis 3 smoothly with the stock cooler, right?


    Of course. Don't bother with another CPU cooler, it's pretty redundant. But if your temps go higher than 55c on load, then perhaps a cooler would do you good. Anything under that is fine.
  17. ballerslife said:
    John901 said:
    ballerslife said:
    If you're not OCing this year, then don't bother with a cooler at all. Stock cooler is good enough for stock speeds.



    That's what I thought until people told me that the stock cooler is loud and it won't do good job cooling... I will be able to play crysis 3 smoothly with the stock cooler, right?


    Of course. Don't bother with another CPU cooler, it's pretty redundant. But if your temps go higher than 55c on load, then perhaps a cooler would do you good. Anything under that is fine.


    But if? When will that be? I also forgot to say that i might be streaming while playing...
  18. Best answer
    Doesn't matter what you're doing. If you're CPU usage is 100% and you're hitting 70c then there is a problem. For example, while browsing my i5 runs 32c with the stock cooler. When I start playing games like BF3 64 player maps, then it goes around 40-43c. But average is around 55-60c.
  19. Well the stock cooler is fine, but if you want it to be quieter you might spring for an aftermarket cooler.
Ask a new question