I'm building an ultra-portable Mini-ITX computer around the AMD A10-6700 CPU. I wanna know what kind of framerates I can expect to get on AAA titles with that one or with the A10-5800K (non-overclocked) since they benchmark very similarly. Framerate is more important to me than graphics, so I'd like to know what kind of performance you get with with "Low" graphics settings, unless of course you can consistently get 60fps with higher settings.
I have an A10-5800K @ 3,9GHz (almost same gaming performance) and i can give you a clear view over it's performance.
I used the A85X chipset with 8GB of 1600 MHz ram:
- Crysis 3 -> Low-Med 1280 x 720 -> 30 FPS (very playable)
- GTA 4 -> Low-Med 1680 x 1050 -> 30 FPS (playable)
- Chivalry, Medieval Warfare -> Low 1680 x 1050 -> 35 FPS (good playable)
- ARMA 2 -> Very Low 1680 x 1050 -> 70 FPS (medium settings is 30 FPS)
- NFS The Run -> Medium 1680 x 1050 -> 25 FPS (just playable)
- Company of Heroes -> Ultra 1280 x 720 -> 55 FPS (incredibly playable)
- Sniper Elite V2 -> Low 1680 x 1050 -> 25 FPS (When looking through the scope, you notice the lag)
That's about it so far. On Low settings, i think you can calculate what it would be approxmately. I can certainly play any game, on low settings though, and with something a GTX 650 or GT 640, when having a low resolution, you can play a lot of games at medium settings or higher.