Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Im new at this and i want to know how to turn up my A10-5800k so i can run bf3

Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 17, 2013 10:13:34 PM

As the title says, i do not know anything about overclocking and everyone makes it sound easy, i would like to know how to crank up the power on my a10 so i can run bf3 with a better ping(meant to say frame rate). So do i need to go into bios? or is there an application to download? do i need to turn on some of my cores, or what?

My system information to the best of my knowledge
AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Trinity Socket Fm2
Core voltage 1.2 to 1.3
Motherboardd F2AA85X-D3H (Purchased this because it had vga and dvi because i couldnt efford video card)
Along with 8 gb of ram

More about : turn a10 5800k run bf3

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2013 10:37:02 PM

Your ping has something to do with your internet connection, not pc. How are you connected to the internet?

Run this: http://www.pingtest.net

What results come out?
June 17, 2013 10:39:40 PM

Ping ? Do you have a GPU ? Multiplayer in BF3 need to have at least Mid range GPU.

If you want to overclock you CPU just add a Volt.
Related resources
a c 104 à CPUs
June 17, 2013 10:44:48 PM

iGamer said:
Ping ? Do you have a GPU ? Multiplayer in BF3 need to have at least Mid range GPU.

If you want to overclock you CPU just add a Volt.


are you trying to fry his cpu? adding 1V would fry it in a hurry... not to mention it wouldn't affect speed at all. OCing is far more involved than that
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2013 10:48:24 PM

iGamer said:
Ping ? Do you have a GPU ? Multiplayer in BF3 need to have at least Mid range GPU.

If you want to overclock you CPU just add a Volt.


I guess you have no idea what an apu is. To answer his question ping has nothing to do with turning up power it has to do with the internet connection itself and the location of where the server is your trying to access. Overclocking which is alot more involved then just adding a volt lol would require good cooling and would just add more fps not increase the speed of your connection

June 17, 2013 10:52:40 PM

firo40 said:
iGamer said:
Ping ? Do you have a GPU ? Multiplayer in BF3 need to have at least Mid range GPU.

If you want to overclock you CPU just add a Volt.


I guess you have no idea what an apu is. To answer his question ping has nothing to do with turning up power it has to do with the internet connection itself and the location of where the server is your trying to access. Overclocking which is alot more involved then just adding a volt lol would require good cooling and would just add more fps not increase the speed of your connection



I know What PING is. I was just shock why PING ? Since he want to overclock so I just correct what he said.
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2013 10:54:25 PM

iGamer said:
firo40 said:
iGamer said:
Ping ? Do you have a GPU ? Multiplayer in BF3 need to have at least Mid range GPU.

If you want to overclock you CPU just add a Volt.


I guess you have no idea what an apu is. To answer his question ping has nothing to do with turning up power it has to do with the internet connection itself and the location of where the server is your trying to access. Overclocking which is alot more involved then just adding a volt lol would require good cooling and would just add more fps not increase the speed of your connection



I know What PING is. I was just shock why PING ? Since he want to overclock so I just correct what he said.


He says he wants better ping. And if he did want to overclock, your advise would be pretty bad.
June 17, 2013 10:56:23 PM

aatje92 said:
iGamer said:
firo40 said:
iGamer said:
Ping ? Do you have a GPU ? Multiplayer in BF3 need to have at least Mid range GPU.

If you want to overclock you CPU just add a Volt.


I guess you have no idea what an apu is. To answer his question ping has nothing to do with turning up power it has to do with the internet connection itself and the location of where the server is your trying to access. Overclocking which is alot more involved then just adding a volt lol would require good cooling and would just add more fps not increase the speed of your connection



I know What PING is. I was just shock why PING ? Since he want to overclock so I just correct what he said.


He says he wants better ping. And if he did want to overclock, your advise would be pretty bad.



OK ! Enough. He Say he want to crank up the POWER of His CPU. Right ? Correct me if I'm wrong. HAHA !
Why He want to go to BIOS if not to Overclock ??

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
June 17, 2013 10:57:04 PM

Yeah and you said he just needed to add a volt, that's pretty bad advice if you ask me.

Best solution

June 17, 2013 11:05:53 PM
Share

Don't like being Cpt.Obvious but I'm quite sure that he messed ping (Internet related framerate drops...) with framerate drops.

The bad thing is I can't help much with overclocking, but I'd like to see some expert's answer to this wich I find quite interesting.

By the way, you should paste here all your setup, since the part that could have more direct impact when you overclock a APU/CPU is your MotherBoard and its components (Capacitors, chipset...), with a cheap MoBo there is little to do before the system becames unstable or even worse, burns your out components.
The good thing is that your APU is a 'k' edition, so it has an unlocked multiplier so there is plenty room for overclocking.

Have you also think about getting some extra fast memory sticks? 2400Mhz and so, APU system get awesome performance boost from that.

Good luck!
a c 104 à CPUs
June 17, 2013 11:09:04 PM

iGamer said:

OK ! Enough. He Say he want to crank up the POWER of His CPU. Right ? Correct me if I'm wrong. HAHA !
Why He want to go to BIOS if not to Overclock ??




why would you tell him to, in essence, fry his cpu for absolutely no overclocking gain if he is asking about overclocking? and he stated he was new at this, coming here for help, he's more likely to believe some rediculous advice as "just add a volt" which would ruin his cpu and likely motherboard. There is trolling and there is being a douche man.
a c 104 à CPUs
June 17, 2013 11:11:04 PM

now, as far as your system goes. do you know the speed of your ram? for the amd a10 apus, the faster the ram the better.

please list your ram and mother board if possible. you may not need to overclock your cpu as bf3 is more of a gpu bound game
June 17, 2013 11:14:17 PM

I'm Wrong. HAHA ! Maybe I read an OLD Article. Thanks for telling.
a c 104 à CPUs
June 17, 2013 11:19:52 PM

also are you running just your integrated graphics or do you have a graphics card? if you have a graphics card than the ram speed doesn't matter nearly as much
June 17, 2013 11:32:32 PM

Okay i apoligize guys, this was a f up on my part. I know the basic terms and what a apu is. and i didnt mean to say ping i meant to say frams. so i apoligize, earlier i went into my bios and played around and it kicked me out everytime not letting me keep the changed settings with my cpu temp around 90
a c 104 à CPUs
June 17, 2013 11:35:36 PM

honestly, i don't think going straight to overclocking would be the best idea here right now. if you had a decent graphics card or 2133 mhz ram speed with your integrated graphics, then it would be time to consider overclocking. so if you can list your mother board, ram speed and graphics card, if you have a graphics card that is.
June 17, 2013 11:35:37 PM

Jose Navarro Vicente said:
Don't like being Cpt.Obvious but I'm quite sure that he messed ping (Internet related framerate drops...) with framerate drops.

The bad thing is I can't help much with overclocking, but I'd like to see some expert's answer to this wich I find quite interesting.

By the way, you should paste here all your setup, since the part that could have more direct impact when you overclock a APU/CPU is your MotherBoard and its components (Capacitors, chipset...), with a cheap MoBo there is little to do before the system becames unstable or even worse, burns your out components.
The good thing is that your APU is a 'k' edition, so it has an unlocked multiplier so there is plenty room for overclocking.

Have you also think about getting some extra fast memory sticks? 2400Mhz and so, APU system get awesome performance boost from that.

Good luck!


Thank you , i meant to say frams. and what do you mean my system information? You mean my bios information or what? And im running 8gb ripjaw ram i believe. I just wanna know how i can increase my frames on bf3. Somebody said i need a better fan than the one i have. I believe i only have 2 stock fans.
June 18, 2013 2:25:45 AM

Wolahan said:
Jose Navarro Vicente said:
Don't like being Cpt.Obvious but I'm quite sure that he messed ping (Internet related framerate drops...) with framerate drops.

The bad thing is I can't help much with overclocking, but I'd like to see some expert's answer to this wich I find quite interesting.

By the way, you should paste here all your setup, since the part that could have more direct impact when you overclock a APU/CPU is your MotherBoard and its components (Capacitors, chipset...), with a cheap MoBo there is little to do before the system becames unstable or even worse, burns your out components.
The good thing is that your APU is a 'k' edition, so it has an unlocked multiplier so there is plenty room for overclocking.

Have you also think about getting some extra fast memory sticks? 2400Mhz and so, APU system get awesome performance boost from that.

Good luck!


Thank you , i meant to say frams. and what do you mean my system information? You mean my bios information or what? And im running 8gb ripjaw ram i believe. I just wanna know how i can increase my frames on bf3. Somebody said i need a better fan than the one i have. I believe i only have 2 stock fans.


As they said, Bf3 requieres quite strong GPU and CPU in order to run smothly, however an AMD's APU such as A10-5800k or A10-6800k are enough to run the game at Low1080p or Mid720p very nice.

The most important thing that increases your computer's horsepower with that kind of system is the speed of your RAM memory, that mean: 'The Higher Mhz, the better' and 'The lower latencies (C8,C9...), the better'.
In that system you should've at least 1866Mhz memory sticks, wich is the maximum it can manage without overcloking it.
If you don't have it, consider getting it before any overclock. (It is quite cheap, 50~70€) of course if you get 2133Mhz or 2400Mhz, even better, but you will've to force the Motherboard and if it isn't good enough, you could break it.

You should search your MoBo's model, that mean asembler (Asus, MSI, AsRock...) and.. well.. the model, in order to know how will it hold Overclocking the system.

When you do that, I can give some little help or even better, some overclocking expert will help us and theferore, learn something new. (Wich is awesome allways)
!