GT 630 Artifacts, no overheating

T045T3RDOT

Honorable
May 26, 2013
I finally got my Zotac Geforce GT630Synergy Edition. I put it in my pc, installed drivers from disc (306.48 if i remember right), i tested some games on high, benchmarked with Fraps, no problem, spent some time playing games etc, then i installed 320.18 drivers, rebooted my pc and closed case sidepanel. When it rebooted, i started playing games again (BFBC2, TF2 if it matters) and artifacts started to appear, got a few BSODs (rebooted after those), and “Display driver stopped responding and has recovered” errors. I changed settings from nvidia control panel to prefer perfomance, set PhysX to the GT630, edited registry (MS solution). I downloaded GPU-Z and checked my gpu temp, it was something like 42 celsius, which isn't too high since my HD 5450 (which i am using now, switched it back) runs 50 celsius on idle. My PSU should be good also.

G

The Nvidia 320.18 have been having some major issues.
Try a full clean and reinstall. If that doesn't work, roll back until issue goes :)

T045T3RDOT

Honorable
May 26, 2013

Did not work, still does the same except now it goes to sleeping mode (?) on boot and i have to tap spacebar to start the gpu again. Could it be a faulty chip?

E: I don't have any rollback points.