Sign in with
Your question

HD 7950 2D clocks too low

Last response: in Overclocking
June 18, 2013 8:15:31 PM

I recently found out that 1100/1575 wasn't my gpu's maximum overclock, and that I could increase it further with afterburner. The problem is that the second I enabled "unofficial overclock" with the .cfg file edit and restarted afterburner, I got screen flickers without even turning up voltage/clocks any higher. I tried to change them with the CCC profiles edit, but Afterburner is controlling all the clocks and won't let go. Is there anyway of setting the 2d clock speeds manually because I really can't stand this flicker. Btw, I know it's the 2d clock's fault because when I put load on the gpu (I'm using the gpu-z render test) the clocks go up to what they should be and I get no flickers.
Thanks for any help.

More about : 7950 clocks low

June 19, 2013 5:04:08 AM

Stardust342 said:
I recently found out that 1100/1575 wasn't my gpu's maximum overclock, and that I could increase it further with afterburner. The problem is that the second I enabled "unofficial overclock" with the .cfg file edit and restarted afterburner, I got screen flickers without even turning up voltage/clocks any higher. I tried to change them with the CCC profiles edit, but Afterburner is controlling all the clocks and won't let go. Is there anyway of setting the 2d clock speeds manually because I really can't stand this flicker. Btw, I know it's the 2d clock's fault because when I put load on the gpu (I'm using the gpu-z render test) the clocks go up to what they should be and I get no flickers.
Thanks for any help.

Try Atitool. Google it.

m
l
June 19, 2013 8:13:26 AM

spike15_mk said:
Try Atitool. Google it.

I downloaded the latest beta version of MSI Afterburner (Version 3.0.0 BETA 10) and that fixed the problem splendidly. I was able to get an overclock of 1250/1750 :D  without any artifacts, etc.

m
l
June 19, 2013 9:44:09 AM

Stardust342 said:
spike15_mk said:
Try Atitool. Google it.

I downloaded the latest beta version of MSI Afterburner (Version 3.0.0 BETA 10) and that fixed the problem splendidly. I was able to get an overclock of 1250/1750 :D  without any artifacts, etc.

Nice :) 
m
l
!