for which one should i go????

MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard
AMD PROCESSOR FX-8150 WITH LIQUID COOLING SYSTEM
CORSAIR RAM VENGEANCE 2x4GB DDR3 1600FSB
CORSAIR CABINET 200R
CORSAIR SMPS VS 650
SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD HD 7970 VAPOR-X 3GB DDR5
Samsung 840 Series 120 GB SSD


OR

ASROCK MOTHERBOARD Z77 EXTREME 4
INTEL PROCESSOR CORE i5 3570K 3RD GEN
CORSAIR RAM VENGEANCE 2x4GB DDR3 1600FSB
CORSAIR CABINET 200R
CORSAIR SMPS VS 650
SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD HD 7950 VAPOR-X 3GB DDR5
Samsung 840 Series 120 GB SSD

**WHICH ONE IS BEST FOR GAMING WITH OC**
15 answers Last reply
More about question
  1. Go with AMD build.
  2. For gaming specifically, go with the i5. The AMD has an advantage if you are using it for hosting services and other highly threaded applications, but the i5-3570 is the better day to day performer for gaming purposes. I have an 8150 in my rig and it gets the job done so either one would be an excellent selection.
  3. AMD seems better since it gets you a HD7970, but FX8150 is quite bad of a CPU. Better swap for a FX8350/8320 instead.
  4. WHAT ABOUT THIS.......


    MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard
    AMD PROCESSOR FX-8350
    CORSAIR CPU COOLER CH40
    CORSAIR RAM VENGEANCE 2x4GB DDR3 1600FSB
    CORSAIR CABINET 200R
    CORSAIR SMPS VS 650
    SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD HD 7970 VAPOR-X 3GB DDR5
    SEAGATE BARRACUDA 500GB HDD
  5. Not bad. Keep in mind 970A-G46 isn't a good board for OC-ing after all, so it's not very wise investing into a too expensive cooler.
  6. Even the 8350 is sub par to 3570k capabilities. Amd has been behind the times for a few generations now. Many moons ago amd was top dog and I was a huge fan. For gaming and OC potential, 3570 is a better bet
  7. Quote:
    Madn3ss795 siad:
    Keep in mind 970A-G46 isn't a good board for OC-ing after all, so it's not very wise investing into a too expensive cooler.


    can i take 8350 to 4.8 ghz on 970A-G46 mobo.
  8. Chinmoy Debnath said:
    Quote:
    Madn3ss795 siad:
    Keep in mind 970A-G46 isn't a good board for OC-ing after all, so it's not very wise investing into a too expensive cooler.


    can i take 8350 to 4.8 ghz on 970A-G46 mobo.


    Nope. This board's power design gets quite hot even when stressing the fx8350 at stock clock.
  9. MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming Mother Board
    INTEL PROCESSOR CORE i5 3570K 3RD GEN
    Coolermaster Hyper T4 CPU Cooler
    CORSAIR RAM VENGEANCE 2x4GB DDR3 1600FSB
    COOLER MASTER CABINET K380
    CORSAIR SMPS VS 550
    SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD HD 7970 OC 3GB DDR5
    Samsung 840 Series 120 GB SSD


    ENOUGH TO OVERCLOCK UPTO 4.2Ghz ......
  10. If you only need 4.2ghz then consider drop motherboard to Z77A-G43 ( still sufficient to OC to over 4.2ghz with the cooler you picked ) and change the PSU back to 650w version. VS550 won't handle a HD7970 well.
  11. Quote:
    Madn3ss795 said:
    If you only need 4.2ghz then consider drop motherboard to Z77A-G43 ( still sufficient to OC to over 4.2ghz with the cooler you picked ) and change the PSU back to 650w version. VS550 won't handle a HD7970 well.


    This cooler is temporary but can it handle 4.8Ghz and motherboard is okay to take around 1.40v or 1.65v for 5ghz.
  12. Depends on the 3570k you got, since some of them are better for OC-ing than others, some are worse.

    Z77A-G43 has max voltage at 1.4V, just enough to push an i7 3770k to 4.5ghz. If you want more then consider paying more to get the G45. Just don't drop the PSU.
  13. So, when is the 1.75v fireworks show, and is it public access or invite only? Lol
  14. CHECK MY LAST CONFIG ITS G45.WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS THE COOLER IS SUFFICIENT TO TAKE 4.8Ghz????/
  15. Chinmoy Debnath said:
    CHECK MY LAST CONFIG ITS G45.WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS THE COOLER IS SUFFICIENT TO TAKE 4.8Ghz????/


    As said, not all 3570k are equal, so it'll depend on your luck. The cooler you picked should be enough to handle 4.8ghz if your CPU is a good one that doesn't need high vcore.

    Keep in mind that 4.0ghz 3570k has better single-thread performance than 4.8ghz FX 8350.

    And turn of caps lock, it's like yelling at us.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking