Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

thoughts on the gtx 760?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 19, 2013 8:07:43 PM

i was very excited for this card but this article makes me feel like it's going to be a bit of a disappointment and it seems there will be a massive gap between the gtx 760 and the 770

http://vr-zone.com/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-perf...

i really don't want to spend $400 on a graphics card for this build but if the 760 isn't worth it then i might have to

More about : thoughts gtx 760

June 19, 2013 8:19:45 PM

The GTX 770 really retired both the 680 and 670. It's a updated 680 for a 670 price essentially. I can see why nVidia would choose to take a lesser card to fill the next slot. Plus it gives someone a real reason to spend $100 more for the next tier card since the GTX 760 is rumored to be $300.

From a marketing stand point I think it makes sense.

Course nothing is official until it's actually official. So you can always wait a few days and see what happens.
m
0
l
June 19, 2013 8:21:17 PM

atarisafari said:
i was very excited for this card but this article makes me feel like it's going to be a bit of a disappointment and it seems there will be a massive gap between the gtx 760 and the 770

http://vr-zone.com/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-perf...

i really don't want to spend $400 on a graphics card for this build but if the 760 isn't worth it then i might have to


I'm actually planning to buy one. If you check out the futuremark score on a gtx 660 ti it's actually a little less than a gtx 760. I'm still waiting because of that 256 bit memory bus. It's gonna help if I have extra fps to trade in for AA. and the gtx 770 is basically a superclocked gtx 680.
if you wanna watch this youtube video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs-zrf-l8jw
m
0
l
Related resources
June 19, 2013 8:28:43 PM

the 770 really seems like the sweet spot but unfortunately i don't really have the money to buy one so i'm really just hoping that there are some nice 760s that will gimme what i need
m
0
l
June 19, 2013 8:32:25 PM

of course this is all just speculation until the launch
m
0
l
June 19, 2013 8:36:24 PM

atarisafari said:
of course this is all just speculation until the launch


Yeah I'm still wondering why they didn't launch it at Computex. Some pictures of the gtx 760 were leaked stating that the gtx 760 was spotted at Computex. *sigh* You got any guesses for when this thing is gonna come out? My guess is by next month at the latest.
m
0
l
June 19, 2013 8:38:12 PM

RyanTH98 said:
atarisafari said:
of course this is all just speculation until the launch


Yeah I'm still wondering why they didn't launch it at Computex. Some pictures of the gtx 760 were leaked stating that the gtx 760 was spotted at Computex. *sigh* You got any guesses for when this thing is gonna come out? My guess is by next month at the latest.


June 25th is floating around as a potential launch date
m
0
l
June 19, 2013 8:38:48 PM

so will the 760 be more of a refresh of the 660 ti or the 670?
m
0
l
June 19, 2013 8:38:56 PM

You could always pick up a pre-owned 670 on eBay or something. I'm sure enough ignorant folks will sell theirs to get a 770 (or 780).
m
0
l
June 19, 2013 8:40:12 PM

atarisafari said:
RyanTH98 said:
atarisafari said:
of course this is all just speculation until the launch


Yeah I'm still wondering why they didn't launch it at Computex. Some pictures of the gtx 760 were leaked stating that the gtx 760 was spotted at Computex. *sigh* You got any guesses for when this thing is gonna come out? My guess is by next month at the latest.


June 25th is floating around as a potential launch date


Wow you respond quick what time is it where you live? I'm in California and it's 8:40 PM here. I hope it'll be out at that time it would save me a trip from picking it up on my own time.
m
0
l
June 19, 2013 8:46:11 PM

jerreece said:
You could always pick up a pre-owned 670 on eBay or something. I'm sure enough ignorant folks will sell theirs to get a 770 (or 780).


i would never buy a pre-owned graphics card
m
0
l
June 19, 2013 8:46:34 PM

RyanTH98 said:
atarisafari said:
RyanTH98 said:
atarisafari said:
of course this is all just speculation until the launch


Yeah I'm still wondering why they didn't launch it at Computex. Some pictures of the gtx 760 were leaked stating that the gtx 760 was spotted at Computex. *sigh* You got any guesses for when this thing is gonna come out? My guess is by next month at the latest.


June 25th is floating around as a potential launch date


Wow you respond quick what time is it where you live? I'm in California and it's 8:40 PM here. I hope it'll be out at that time it would save me a trip from picking it up on my own time.


11:45 :p 
m
0
l
June 19, 2013 8:52:10 PM

atarisafari said:
RyanTH98 said:
atarisafari said:
RyanTH98 said:
atarisafari said:
of course this is all just speculation until the launch


Yeah I'm still wondering why they didn't launch it at Computex. Some pictures of the gtx 760 were leaked stating that the gtx 760 was spotted at Computex. *sigh* You got any guesses for when this thing is gonna come out? My guess is by next month at the latest.


June 25th is floating around as a potential launch date


Wow you respond quick what time is it where you live? I'm in California and it's 8:40 PM here. I hope it'll be out at that time it would save me a trip from picking it up on my own time.


11:45 :p 


Lol A.M. or P.M.?
m
0
l
!