Constant BSOD'S Many different errors.

Hi all my first time posting here, since about a month ago I've been getting seemingly random BSOD's, When the problem started there were a few things that were constant, i would get stuttering in games every 1-2 seconds for a second, non-stop, and i would get audio crackle while watching videos and opening programs at the same time, and of course the blue screens.

I was getting errors like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, SPECIAL_POOL_DETETCED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION. And others..yeah alot.

I've since replaced my ram as i thought that was the cause, i went about 2 weeks without a problem now its back again.

Current Specs:
GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
Ram : G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Any help is much appreciated i will include the DMP files that i have.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ospy5hlu1wyok2m/vSsttfsP46
21 answers Last reply
More about constant bsod errors
  1. MaKe sure mb bios is updated. Run hdtune and vendor test tools on your hard drive. Also a weak or under powered power supply can cause issues.
    What the make and size of your power supply.
  2. Looks like a cheap no name power supply got you. If you look at the 12v rail it splt into two rails that max out at 31 amps. A 430 watt cosair ps with one rail has 32 amp rating. The 600 watt units have 46 amp rating. Looks like to me with that high end gpu your cheap power supply the issue.
  3. So thats whats causing the instability then? I should add that i do get restarts from time to time aswell, where the power will just reset. So i guess that makes sense.
  4. If anyone else has any input it would be much appreciated, so i dont go buy a new PSU to find the problem is still there, would like that to be a last resort
  5. I agree with the psu being the problem, especially since you mentioned the computer will restart sometimes. Do you have a budget for one? A Seasonic 620 W would be great. They make two versions; modular and non-modular.
  6. Well most recently, i've been looking into getting a 4670k + a mobo as mine are extremely outdated, add that onto my current specs, what would a rough estimate be for what kind of PSU i would need? 650w?
  7. Seasonic 620W would work for the upgrade too.
  8. Alright cool, on sale on newegg atm, might jump on that. Its crashed 6 times since i started this thread >.>
  9. Well that's a lucky coincidence. Good luck!
  10. Well .. the first dump file says its AVG Antivirus that is causing the BSOD .. try an uninstall of AVG and reboot. See if it changed

    Btw.. you can upload and let your dump files get analyzed here » http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=analyze

    Also , do you have driver verifier enabled ? With it enabled it can cause many blue screens » http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/101379-driver-verifier-enable-disable.html
  11. Risla said:
    Well .. the first dump file says its AVG Antivirus that is causing the BSOD .. try an uninstall of AVG and reboot. See if it changed

    Btw.. you can upload and let your dump files get analyzed here » http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=analyze

    Also , do you have driver verifier enabled ? With it enabled it can cause many blue screens » http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/101379-driver-verifier-enable-disable.html


    Sorry for the late reply, i did a complete uninstall of AVG about 2 weeks ago, and driver verifier is disabled.
  12. nate1x said:
    Risla said:
    Well .. the first dump file says its AVG Antivirus that is causing the BSOD .. try an uninstall of AVG and reboot. See if it changed

    Btw.. you can upload and let your dump files get analyzed here » http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=analyze

    Also , do you have driver verifier enabled ? With it enabled it can cause many blue screens » http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/101379-driver-verifier-enable-disable.html


    Sorry for the late reply, i did a complete uninstall of AVG about 2 weeks ago, and driver verifier is disabled.

    No problem ;)
    Is your system up to date with all the latest windows updates and drivers for all your hardware ?
    If it is then I don't know what else you can try other than what others have said.. try a new PSU
    In any case , I hope your problem gets resolved soon. Good luck !
  13. Just got my new PSU, still getting BSOD's sadly, 2 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION in a row, didnt produce a DMP file.
  14. nate1x said:
    Just got my new PSU, still getting BSOD's sadly, 2 SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION in a row, didnt produce a DMP file.


    Ahw , thats a pity you still have BSOD's :(

    Difficult to pinpoint the problem with all those different errors.

    We now know it's not the PSU ... Then it could be the grahics card or RAM memory.
    Try to disable your gfx card in device manager, then use your pc for a while and see if your system is more stable then.

    Have you tested your RAM memory yet ? http://www.memtest86.com/ or http://www.memtest.org/
  15. Well i just got my ram replaced recently so i dont think it will be that, ill try test it though, same with the GPU, just want to add my pc ran for a good 12+ hours overnight with just Vuze open, steam and chrome have both been open during crashes, but i have yet to crash while both are closed (just watching movies through VLC Media player) Not sure if that helps point in the right direction.
  16. Is your system more stable now or are you still getting those BSOD's ?
  17. Risla said:
    Is your system more stable now or are you still getting those BSOD's ?


    Its definitely been more stable, but it does crash from time to time, I've switched ram from my brothers PC for a while to see if that helps. So ill get back to you if that helps.
  18. nate1x said:
    Risla said:
    Is your system more stable now or are you still getting those BSOD's ?


    Its definitely been more stable, but it does crash from time to time, I've switched ram from my brothers PC for a while to see if that helps. So ill get back to you if that helps.


    Sure, let us know how it went ;)
  19. My PC seems to be working fine since i swapped out my ram, will RMA my old ram and see if that works, is it possible my ram isnt compatible with my motherboard? could that cause it? My brothers been using my ram and hasnt had any crashes with it.
  20. nate1x said:
    My PC seems to be working fine since i swapped out my ram, will RMA my old ram and see if that works, is it possible my ram isnt compatible with my motherboard? could that cause it? My brothers been using my ram and hasnt had any crashes with it.

    Yes, that is possible .. check the gigabyte website for a list of compatible RAM for your motherboard ( i tried to check but link doesn't work at the moment)
    Anyways, I hope your PC problems are resolved now ;)
    Good luck mate !
Ask a new question

Read More

Blue Screen Windows 7