Solved

7950 problem (possibly stuttering)

Hello, TH, this is my first post, so bear with me.

A few months ago, I built my first computer. Everything has been running smoothly and games play great but I've been having a slight problem that I noticed from the beginning that is now becoming a huge inconvenience.

Whenever I'm playing a game, any type of game, from Civ 5 to LoL to Bioshock, I will experience a lockup in my gameplay for about 10 seconds. The game resumes shortly after with much better looking graphics than before, but this is understandably a problem when playing team games as I'm completely useless and vulnerable for 10-15 seconds. I'm not really sure where this problem could be stemming from, so any help would be appreciated.

My PC:
Intel i5 3570 (3.40GHz) stock cooler
Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram (4x2)
WD 1TB HDD
Sandisk 128GB SSD
MSI B75A-G43 Motherboard
SeaSonic M12II 750 SS-750AM 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
Corsair Carbide 400R case
Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB Boost Edition
answers
Last reply
Best Answer
More about 7950 problem possibly stuttering
  1. Check temps, get the newest drivers, if you already have them, go back one driver.
  2. I've got the newest drivers, but my temperature is at 76c. That seems high, could that be the problem?
  3. Did you OC anything? I would suspect a bad OC causing this. That temp isn't harmful at all, but you could always use afterburner to set up a fan profile.
  4. I haven't overclocked anything.
  5. Best answer
    Try going back one driver, and temps seem ok, you may wanna set the fan a bit higher.
  6. Rolling it back one driver fixed the problem :) Such a strange thing. Ah well, thanks for your help!
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Computers Games Graphics