Solved

i7 3770k build need advice for some parts

I will buil a PC later in this summer and I need advice for some parts. I live in Lithuania so there isn't all components and they are more expensive I think. And in the future I am thinking to overclock the CPU. I will give links from where I will buy those parts but its in my language.

Parts:
CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50GHz 8MB LGA1155 (~383$)
CPU Cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 X (~42$)
Mobo:MSI Z77A-GD55(~151$)or Asrock Z77 Extreme4
(~158$) which is better?
RAM:Kingston 8GB DDR3 PC12800 CL9 XMP Beast Series KIT OF 2(~80$)
GPU:Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD7870 2GB
(~317$)
Case:Zalman Midi Tower Z11 Plus(~75$)
SSD:Kingston HyperX 120GB SATAIII(~140$)
Hard Drive:Western Digital CAVIAR BLACK 1TB 7200RPM 64MB(~98$)
Power Supply:Corsair CX600 V2(~75$)

Total:~1365$

Is this good build?
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3770k build advice parts
  1. I would drop the cpu to an i5 3570k. The only advantage to having an i7 is hyperthreading, which will not really impact you unless you do a lot of video rendering. IMO, the extra $100 isn't worth it. I would drop the money saved on a better graphics card such as the 7950.
  2. Hey
    1. I agree with expl0itfinder go with i5-3570k and get a better GPU.
    2. Mobo- go with Asus p8z77-v lk or LX. These are better than ASRock. ASRock don't have long life my friend.
    I hope it helps.
    Thank you.
  3. princejeet said:
    Hey
    1. I agree with expl0itfinder go with i5-3570k and get a better GPU.
    2. Mobo- go with Asus p8z77-v lk or LX. These are better than ASRock. ASRock don't have long life my friend.
    I hope it helps.
    Thank you.


    I have built with plenty an ASRock in the past. Never had any issues.
  4. Why would you pay that kind of money for a rig and get old hardware? That store you linked to shows that Intel Haswell CPUs are available and the i5 actually costs 200 less than the i7.

    Here's what I would suggest:

    Case: Corsair 300R - £ 283.00
    PSU: Corsair TX 650 V2 - £ 288.00
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3 - £ 375.00
    CPU: 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-4670K - £ 724.00
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - £ 107.00
    RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR 3 1600MHz - £ 218.00
    SSD: 128GB Crucial M4 - £ 360.00
    HD: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black - £ 255.00
    Optical: Samsung 22X DVD Burner - £ 42.00
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 - £ 950.00

    Total: £ 3602.00 (USD $1380)

    Only $20 more than the proposed build but you have the new Haswell CPU, an SSD, and the Radeon 7950.
  5. g-unit1111 said:
    Why would you pay that kind of money for a rig and get old hardware? That store you linked to shows that Intel Haswell CPUs are available and the i5 actually costs 200 less than the i7.


    Because there is nothing wrong with this so-called "old" hardware. The new stuff is not noticeably better, yet it costs more and doesn't OC as well. But one could argue that the real benefits come with socket 1150 and extra USB 3, SATA 6, stuff like that. I suppose if you have the budget, then you should go with Haswell.
  6. g-unit1111 said:
    Why would you pay that kind of money for a rig and get old hardware? That store you linked to shows that Intel Haswell CPUs are available and the i5 actually costs 200 less than the i7.

    I dont want Haswell because its more expensive with motherboard than Ivybridge and it have heat problems I think
  7. xXDarkAssassinHDXx said:
    g-unit1111 said:
    Why would you pay that kind of money for a rig and get old hardware? That store you linked to shows that Intel Haswell CPUs are available and the i5 actually costs 200 less than the i7.

    I dont want Haswell because its more expensive with motherboard than Ivybridge and it have heat problems I think


    I'd want to see actual proof of overheating issues rather than "I think". Most of the reviews I read haven't suggested that, although it's actually less expensive than you think. The build I posted is not that much more than the proposed build and it has the new processors.

    Quote:
    Because there is nothing wrong with this so-called "old" hardware. The new stuff is not noticeably better, yet it costs more and doesn't OC as well. But one could argue that the real benefits come with socket 1150 and extra USB 3, SATA 6, stuff like that. I suppose if you have the budget, then you should go with Haswell.


    I'm still not buying this "Haswell doesn't OC as well" stuff, I've read lots of reviews so far and I've never seen anything that says otherwise. They said the same thing about Ivy Bridge compared to Sandy Bridge. And look - people are still buying Ivy Bridge CPUs! :ange:
  8. expl0itfinder said:
    princejeet said:
    Hey
    1. I agree with expl0itfinder go with i5-3570k and get a better GPU.
    2. Mobo- go with Asus p8z77-v lk or LX. These are better than ASRock. ASRock don't have long life my friend.
    I hope it helps.
    Thank you.


    I have built with plenty an ASRock in the past. Never had any issues.

    so in your opinion ASRock is better than MSI.
  9. expl0itfinder said:
    I would drop the cpu to an i5 3570k. The only advantage to having an i7 is hyperthreading, which will not really impact you unless you do a lot of video rendering. IMO, the extra $100 isn't worth it. I would drop the money saved on a better graphics card such as the 7950.

    will 600W power supply be enough.
  10. xXDarkAssassinHDXx said:
    expl0itfinder said:
    I would drop the cpu to an i5 3570k. The only advantage to having an i7 is hyperthreading, which will not really impact you unless you do a lot of video rendering. IMO, the extra $100 isn't worth it. I would drop the money saved on a better graphics card such as the 7950.

    will 600W power supply be enough.


    For a single GPU yes, anything else is overkill unless you plan to add a second one in the future.
  11. Best answer
    xXDarkAssassinHDXx said:
    expl0itfinder said:
    princejeet said:
    Hey
    1. I agree with expl0itfinder go with i5-3570k and get a better GPU.
    2. Mobo- go with Asus p8z77-v lk or LX. These are better than ASRock. ASRock don't have long life my friend.
    I hope it helps.
    Thank you.


    I have built with plenty an ASRock in the past. Never had any issues.

    so in your opinion ASRock is better than MSI.


    Well, no, I've used both, and I am extremely happy with both. In this case, get what costs less and looks prettier lol. And 600w should be just fine.
  12. g-unit1111 said:
    xXDarkAssassinHDXx said:
    expl0itfinder said:
    I would drop the cpu to an i5 3570k. The only advantage to having an i7 is hyperthreading, which will not really impact you unless you do a lot of video rendering. IMO, the extra $100 isn't worth it. I would drop the money saved on a better graphics card such as the 7950.

    will 600W power supply be enough.


    For a single GPU yes, anything else is overkill unless you plan to add a second one in the future.

    ok thanks :)
  13. expl0itfinder said:
    xXDarkAssassinHDXx said:
    expl0itfinder said:
    princejeet said:
    Hey
    1. I agree with expl0itfinder go with i5-3570k and get a better GPU.
    2. Mobo- go with Asus p8z77-v lk or LX. These are better than ASRock. ASRock don't have long life my friend.
    I hope it helps.
    Thank you.


    I have built with plenty an ASRock in the past. Never had any issues.

    so in your opinion ASRock is better than MSI.


    Well, no, I've used both, and I am extremely happy with both. In this case, get what costs less and looks prettier lol. And 600w should be just fine.

    then I will go with MSI it looks better and costs less.:)
  14. expl0itfinder said:
    princejeet said:
    Hey
    1. I agree with expl0itfinder go with i5-3570k and get a better GPU.
    2. Mobo- go with Asus p8z77-v lk or LX. These are better than ASRock. ASRock don't have long life my friend.
    I hope it helps.
    Thank you.


    I have built with plenty an ASRock in the past. Never had any issues.


    But I faced lot of problems with ASRock. It is just dead completely in one and half year.
    Sorry but it's my personal experience.
    Thank you.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Systems PC gaming Build Motherboards SSD GPUs Intel i7