Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

computer cannot detect graphics card

Tags:
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 22, 2013 4:15:09 AM

I have recently installed a new graphics card : the xfx amd radeon hd 7870 and it seems to work as the fans are running and it is connected to the motherboard. The installation disk allows me to install drivers but my computer cannot detect the graphics card and neither can amd cataylst. Any solutions?
June 22, 2013 4:42:55 AM

Make sure the display cord connected to the GPU and not to the motherboards display output. Also, go into bios and make sure that video output is set to pci xpress x16 and not to onboard
m
0
l
June 22, 2013 4:42:56 AM

Do not use the drivers from the installation disc. Go to the amd web site and download the current drivers and ccc.

Do a complete uninstall of the amd drivers and ccc that you installed from the disc. Also use driver sweeper or ccleaner to get rid of any cruft left over from the disc installation.

Once your system is clean, install the downloaded driver/ccc. Be sure the card is seated property and that the two 6 pin PEG's are plugged into your card.

Mark
m
0
l
Related resources
June 22, 2013 5:43:07 AM

markwp said:
Do not use the drivers from the installation disc. Go to the amd web site and download the current drivers and ccc.

Do a complete uninstall of the amd drivers and ccc that you installed from the disc. Also use driver sweeper or ccleaner to get rid of any cruft left over from the disc installation.

Once your system is clean, install the downloaded driver/ccc. Be sure the card is seated property and that the two 6 pin PEG's are plugged into your card.

Mark


Hi,thank you very much,I have disabled internal graphics but now when I turn on the computer there is no display and and the POST makes a strange beeping sequence( not normally )
m
0
l
June 22, 2013 10:28:17 AM

haider95 said:
Make sure the display cord connected to the GPU and not to the motherboards display output. Also, go into bios and make sure that video output is set to pci xpress x16 and not to onboard


Where do you find the video output in the bios all I can find is internal graphics?
m
0
l
June 22, 2013 11:52:50 AM

alexaustin1234 said:
haider95 said:
Make sure the display cord connected to the GPU and not to the motherboards display output. Also, go into bios and make sure that video output is set to pci xpress x16 and not to onboard


Where do you find the video output in the bios all I can find is internal graphics?


http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-the-Onboard-Graphics-and... Try this
m
0
l
!