Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Graphic driver crashes after new ram installed

Tags:
  • PNY
  • Pentium
  • RAM
  • Memory
Last response: in Memory
June 22, 2013 11:52:49 AM

I just bought 8gb new rams (2x4, pny 400MHz) and my graphic driver is crashing frequently, please help me fix this. Thank you

Intel Pentium E5400 duo core 2.7GHz x64 bit
Pny 400MHz 8g ram
Intel mobo
NVIDIA Geforce gtx 650 ti

More about : graphic driver crashes ram installed

a c 5390 } Memory
June 22, 2013 12:33:47 PM

May need some extra voltage to the NorthBridge, and the DRAM voltage, you've gone to 4GB sticks, what model # of mobo and what model # of the PNYs
m
0
l
June 22, 2013 12:49:03 PM

I already have the extra power supply and my mobo # is 2A8C, Ram type is DDR3
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 5390 } Memory
June 22, 2013 12:58:42 PM

Only thing I came up with on 2A8C indicates a Foxconn laptop mobo
m
0
l
June 22, 2013 1:03:45 PM

my is wolfdale e5400, i dont even see it on the foxcon support website
m
0
l
a b } Memory
June 22, 2013 1:04:56 PM

If this is an older dell or hp and you bought ddr3, it could be your m/b uses ddr2. That would certainly cause a crash. Hopefully you didn't try to force the new memory in - ddr3 and ddr2 are keyed differently.

What is the make and model of your pc?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 5390 } Memory
June 22, 2013 1:05:04 PM

That's your CPU, need a motherboard make and model
Share
June 22, 2013 1:08:46 PM

sorry, i keep mistaken those 2, My is indeed foxconn with a intel G14 chip
m
0
l
June 22, 2013 1:16:28 PM

markwp said:
If this is an older dell or hp and you bought ddr3, it could be your m/b uses ddr2. That would certainly cause a crash. Hopefully you didn't try to force the new memory in - ddr3 and ddr2 are keyed differently.

What is the make and model of your pc?

it's compatible
m
0
l
a b } Memory
June 22, 2013 1:22:02 PM

Foxconn 2A8C Motherboard RAM Specifications:

Memory
2 * 240-pin DDR3 DIMM slots Supports Dual Channel DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz non-ECC, un-buffered memory (Max 4GB)

Based on this information you need to adjust the BIOS RAM frequency setting to equal the RAM frequency which you can identify here:
http://www3.pny.com/category_buymulti.aspx?Category_ID=...

Apparently the motherboard supports up to 4GB and you're running 8GB?.. is the full 8GB being recognized?
m
0
l
June 22, 2013 1:32:50 PM

Chicano said:
Foxconn 2A8C Motherboard RAM Specifications:

Memory
2 * 240-pin DDR3 DIMM slots Supports Dual Channel DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz non-ECC, un-buffered memory (Max 4GB)

Based on this information you need to adjust the BIOS RAM frequency setting to equal the RAM frequency which you can identify here:
http://www3.pny.com/category_buymulti.aspx?Category_ID=...

Apparently the motherboard supports up to 4GB and you're running 8GB?.. is the full 8GB being recognized?

yes, the system recognized 8gb
my current ram speed is 400MHz
m
0
l
a b } Memory
June 22, 2013 1:42:55 PM

NotABanana said:
Chicano said:
Foxconn 2A8C Motherboard RAM Specifications:

Memory
2 * 240-pin DDR3 DIMM slots Supports Dual Channel DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz non-ECC, un-buffered memory (Max 4GB)

Based on this information you need to adjust the BIOS RAM frequency setting to equal the RAM frequency which you can identify here:
http://www3.pny.com/category_buymulti.aspx?Category_ID=...

Apparently the motherboard supports up to 4GB and you're running 8GB?.. is the full 8GB being recognized?

yes, the system recognized 8gb

Good!.. then my suggestion should work on the RAM frequency (may be up to 1333Mhz)... the video card problem may be related to outdated drivers, or RAM or video card losely fitted on the slots.
m
0
l
June 22, 2013 2:01:05 PM

well, the ram and graphic card is fitted, but the frequency setting is locked on this pc so it should be on auto. All i can do now is wait for it to auto configure or buy a new computer. However, thank you for your help, i appreciated it a lot
m
0
l
a b } Memory
June 22, 2013 2:21:36 PM

You need to reset the BIOS for the Auto detection and frequency configuration to take over....

Remove the BIOS battery and wait 10 minutes before reinstalling it...

Also update the Graphics drivers.... even if they are reasonably updated they may need to be refreshed due to corruption, infection, etc.
m
0
l