HD 7950 driver problem

Jura99

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I built my rig yesterday and today I installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
I installed all motherboard drivers, Intel drivers and then I came to AMD Catalyst drivers that came on a DVD I installed it and it required a restart which I did
The problem came after restart everything booted then when User page for the password had to came it was black and I could move cursor but that's it. I then deleted drivers in safe mode and tried reinstalling same thing. What is the problem? I have monitor connected to GPU and it works without drivers... What is the problem?

My setup: Asrock Z77 Pro4
i5 3570k
Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor x
Corsair TX 650
DDR3 corsair 1600mhz
1tb 7200rpm

Hi Jura99,

So you installed the video driver, and on a restart of the system the well come screen of windows was black.

Try a new graphics driver from AMD`s website.
If it still fails after installing the new driver, double check you have connected the 6 pin pci-e 12v power cable to the back of the graphics card from the PSU of your system.

Jura99

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I have solved the problem. All I had to do was when installed drivers and came to black screen type my password. Then I had a little version of my Background. I then changed my screen resolution to my monitors 1920x1200 and my second one 1680x1050 then o rebooted and that is it.

TRENDING THREADS