Asus Maximus IV Extreme: Error 55

Andrew Panne

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
Hi

I’ve recently built my new rig with the Maximus Extreme IV ( REV3B), but it won’t boot! I keep getting the ‘55’ debug code which is ‘memory not installed’ but it is!
I have tried swapping the CPU with another i5 3750k I had working in another machine
I’ve tried changing the RAM (from Corsair Dominator Platinum 2X8GB to 2 x4GB that was working in another machine) but still I get ‘55’
Has anyone got any ideas?
Does Corsair Dominator Platinum even work on this motherboard?
If not, has anyone got any suggestions on which 2x8GB I should get?

Any help would be gratefully received!:)

My Rig:
Case: CM Storm
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Extreme IV ( REV3B)
CPU: i5 3750k
Cooler: Noctua NH-L12
Graphics Card: Sapphire 7950 OC
Sound Card: Creative ZXR
SSD: Samsung 840 Series Pro 256GB

Andrew Panne

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
Hi SR-71 Blackbird

Thank you for replying, I have tried 1 stick in all the slots, 2 sticks in all the slots 1 stick in black, 1 stick in red... is that what you mean by 'reseat'... yes I am a noob!

Andrew Panne

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
Hi Tradesman,

Thanks for taking the time to help , I have tries all the configurations you suggested, does Dominator Platinum work on this board though?

I have looked for Maximus 4 Extreme rigs, and I have found none with Dominator Patinum... Will try ASUS customer service tomorrow... although I hear they are exactly 'The Best'

Andrew Panne

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013

Hi Tradesman

Thanks again :)

'Try resetting the CMOS' I have pressed the CMOS button straight after turning the computer on... is that what you mean?
my sticks are CMD8GXM2A1600C9
When I turn the computer on the debug always ends up at '55' my neither my mouse or my keyboard are powered up and nothing is registering on my monitor

'enable XMP and select profile 1' is this possible to do if the computer wont boot up?

Thiago Gordin

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013

Hi,

I am having the same problem now, could you tell me how you solved yours?

Andrew Panne

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013

Andrew Panne

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
Hi Thiago

I suggest you get another motherboard.. I sent mine back (Amazon were great!)
do not try ASUS customer service... they are dreadful, unhelpful, unknowledgeable and slooooooooooooow

here is just a taste of what I'm talking about

ASUS CASEID=RTM20130708202039-251

Dear Andrew,

Maximus Extreme IV was known a good motherboard and we haven't received such a report like your issue, all your problem is your motherboard couldn't boot normally, right?
Please be clam and hear my explanation, now we could remove the possible of the RAM as we could confirm it could work on this mobo.
Have you noticed about the since BIOS version on our CPU support list?
I5-3570k needs at least 3208 BIOS version to support it, if the BIOS version on your motherboard is lower than it, you couldn't boot it normally.
If the BIOS version on your motherboard is higher than 3208 but still couldn't boot normally, have you noticed about if you’re CPU or the CPU socket have problems?(bent pins or other problem)
They all could lead to no post not only the memory.
Please help check about the components I mentioned above, if still, suggest you take the motherboard out of the case, and just keep a CPU, a graphic card, a memory on the motherboard to test again.
If the motherboard still could not boot up well, seems something wrong with the motherboard.