Solved

I have a question will this power supply support this GPU AMD Radeon HD 7750?????

12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about question power supply support gpu amd radeon 7750
  1. Technically, yes. Since it states that the CPU is on its own 14.5A (+12V) rail, the 12A second rail should be enough for the card and other devices. That's assuming the PC is wired in that manner. But you take your chances with a cheap PSU.
  2. I think you should be fine with a 7750, although since it's a relatively cheap power supply, I would approach with some caution.
  3. clutchc said:
    Technically, yes. Since it states that the CPU is on its own 14.5A (+12V) rail, the 12A second rail should be enough for the card and other devices. That's assuming the PC is wired in that manner. But you take your chances with a cheap PSU.


    What do u suggest should I be ok with this PSU for the whole life.....
  4. icypyro said:
    I think you should be fine with a 7750, although since it's a relatively cheap power supply, I would approach with some caution.


    What do u suggest should I be ok with this PSU for the whole life.....
  5. To be honest, you should get a new PSU if you want one that will last you quite a while and allow for a good range of upgrade options. A 450-500W PSU is a good range to have. I'd go with this one in particular http://amzn.to/133pct4 Corsair is a great brand and this is a good price for one of the most crucial parts of your computer.
  6. It's hard telling how long a cheap PSU will last. Might last the life of the PC... might fail any day. Just hope it doesn't take something with it if it does fail. But, yes, it will be of sufficient capacity for adding the HD 7750.
  7. clutchc said:
    "cheap PSU"




    The power supply is a HP branded one. One of my friends ran a GTS250 (Consumes twice the power of a HD7750) on a 350w HP PSU for a year and a half until he upgraded. Don't underestimate OEM Psu's

    YES this power supply will be more than enough for the HD7750. The HD7750 is a relatively low power consuming card and only draws 55w at peak load + Draws all its power from the PCI EXPRESS SLOT. So you're fine running it on your 365 PSU
  8. clutchc said:
    It's hard telling how long a cheap PSU will last. Might last the life of the PC... might fail any day. Just hope it doesn't take something with it if it does fail. But, yes, it will be of sufficient capacity for adding the HD 7750.


    so this PSU can handle this GPU just fine??
  9. haider95 said:
    clutchc said:
    "cheap PSU"




    The power supply is a HP branded one. One of my friends ran a GTS250 (Consumes twice the power of a HD7750) on a 350w HP PSU for a year and a half until he upgraded. Don't underestimate OEM Psu's

    YES this power supply will be more than enough for the HD7750. The HD7750 is a relatively low power consuming card and only draws 55w at peak load + Draws all its power from the PCI EXPRESS SLOT. So you're fine running it on your 365 PSU


    OK thanks for the reply...(:
  10. umer24 said:
    haider95 said:
    clutchc said:
    "cheap PSU"




    The power supply is a HP branded one. One of my friends ran a GTS250 (Consumes twice the power of a HD7750) on a 350w HP PSU for a year and a half until he upgraded. Don't underestimate OEM Psu's

    YES this power supply will be more than enough for the HD7750. The HD7750 is a relatively low power consuming card and only draws 55w at peak load + Draws all its power from the PCI EXPRESS SLOT. So you're fine running it on your 365 PSU


    OK thanks for the reply...(:


    Don't forget to choose a best answer and make someone happy!
  11. umer24 said:
    clutchc said:
    It's hard telling how long a cheap PSU will last. Might last the life of the PC... might fail any day. Just hope it doesn't take something with it if it does fail. But, yes, it will be of sufficient capacity for adding the HD 7750.


    so this PSU can handle this GPU just fine??


    haider95 said:
    umer24 said:
    haider95 said:
    clutchc said:
    "cheap PSU"




    The power supply is a HP branded one. One of my friends ran a GTS250 (Consumes twice the power of a HD7750) on a 350w HP PSU for a year and a half until he upgraded. Don't underestimate OEM Psu's

    YES this power supply will be more than enough for the HD7750. The HD7750 is a relatively low power consuming card and only draws 55w at peak load + Draws all its power from the PCI EXPRESS SLOT. So you're fine running it on your 365 PSU


    OK thanks for the reply...(:


    Don't forget to choose a best answer and make someone happy!


    Are u sure this 365 watt PSU with 12v amp rail can handle this gpu fine???
    http://www.ctsestore.com/sites/default/files/styles/pic_wm/public/HP_DC7900_TOWER_PowerSupply_02.jpg
  12. I've already given you my opinion. Yes, it has enough wattage and current carrying capacity on the all important +12V rail(s). I have no experience with the company HP contracts to supply their PSUs. I'm sure it changes with every new model. And its quality may change with each new vender.
  13. Best answer
    umer24 said:
    umer24 said:
    clutchc said:
    It's hard telling how long a cheap PSU will last. Might last the life of the PC... might fail any day. Just hope it doesn't take something with it if it does fail. But, yes, it will be of sufficient capacity for adding the HD 7750.


    so this PSU can handle this GPU just fine??


    haider95 said:
    umer24 said:
    haider95 said:
    clutchc said:
    "cheap PSU"




    The power supply is a HP branded one. One of my friends ran a GTS250 (Consumes twice the power of a HD7750) on a 350w HP PSU for a year and a half until he upgraded. Don't underestimate OEM Psu's

    YES this power supply will be more than enough for the HD7750. The HD7750 is a relatively low power consuming card and only draws 55w at peak load + Draws all its power from the PCI EXPRESS SLOT. So you're fine running it on your 365 PSU


    OK thanks for the reply...(:


    Don't forget to choose a best answer and make someone happy!


    Are u sure this 365 watt PSU with 12v amp rail can handle this gpu fine???
    http://www.ctsestore.com/sites/default/files/styles/pic_wm/public/HP_DC7900_TOWER_PowerSupply_02.jpg


    I am sure
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics