Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What Will This Gaming Pc Be Able To Do?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 24, 2013 10:31:36 PM

CPU Intel Core i5-3350P (Ivy Bridge): 3.1 GHz Base Clock Rate, 3.3 GHz Turbo Boost, 6 MB Shared L3 Cache

CPU Cooler Intel Boxed Heat Sink and Fan

Motherboard ASRock Z75 Pro3: LGA 1155, Intel Z75 Express

RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4 GB (2 x 2 GB) DDR3-1600 F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Graphics HIS H785F1G2M: Radeon HD 7850 1 GB

Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002: 500 GB, 7,200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive

Case Xigmatek Asgard II B/B CPC-T45UC-U01 ATX Mid-Tower

Power Supply
Antec Neo Eco 400C 400 W

Optical Samsung DVD Burner 24x SATA Model SH-224BB/RSBS

With this PC what games would I be able to play? and on what settings? Thank you for you answers.

More about : gaming

June 24, 2013 10:46:28 PM

You will be able to play latest and best games like BF3, ac3 etc. on ultra, what is your resoulution?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 24, 2013 10:49:02 PM

Your ram is a little low, I would double it to 8GB. I would also spend the extra $20 on a 2GB version of the 7850. If these 2 adjustments are made you can plan on playing just about any game with high settings at respectable FPS.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 24, 2013 10:49:20 PM

AKANFatality said:
You will be able to play latest and best games like BF3, ac3 etc. on ultra, what is your resoulution?


How do you check resolution? Sorry I'm not smart at all when it comes to this.
m
0
l
June 25, 2013 12:09:38 AM

You can check the resolution of your display through right clicking on desktop and goto screen resolution. For game resolution, go to game's gameplay or video settings to find the resolution. :-) More the resolution, more the stress on gpu and lesser the fps.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 25, 2013 12:49:29 AM

everything is fine, but change the PSU to a corsair CX500W. at least a 500@ psu is recommended for a hd7850 :) 
m
0
l
June 25, 2013 1:12:37 AM

sourodip said:
everything is fine, but change the PSU to a corsair CX500W. at least a 500@ psu is recommended for a hd7850 :) 


The recommendations that the manufacturers list on their websites are moreso guidelines than they are absolute requirements. I doubt he would have any problem running that system on the Antec, but with that being said, I also agree in considering a slightly more powerful power supply just for the fact of meeting the needs of any future hardware upgrades. Spend a little extra money now on a power supply that can travel with you from build to build and save yourself some money in the future.




Everything else that was said is pretty much spot on though and I agree with all of them. You really shouldn't have an issue playing the latest games on ultra with that rig, but you may have to lower or turn off AA settings if you are running a 1080p monitor trying to play games like BF3 or the newest Metro game. Believe it or not, on a 1080p monitor, there are certain scenes in BF3 like explosions, firefights, flying, etc.. that will all make your FPS dip quite significantly if you are playing with all of your settings on ultra. All of what I am saying is also in the context of what I personally consider to be reasonable and enjoyable framerates which definitely needs to be above 50FPS for me. Not sure what you have played on in the past so you may not even really care if you get lower framerates during certain parts of your gaming.

That ASRock mobo is kind of a cheap one, but if this build is a budget rig then it will do the trick.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 25, 2013 11:09:21 AM

does ur antec psu 400W provide one 6-pin pci-e connector for the gpu?
m
0
l
June 25, 2013 11:59:38 AM

sourodip said:
does ur antec psu 400W provide one 6-pin pci-e connector for the gpu?


The Antec NEO ECO 400C does have a 6-pin pci-e connector. But like I said before, that Antec power supply will really limit what he can upgrade to in the future, so he should definitely go with a different power supply if he ever intends to upgrade his components. I mean he could always just get adapters for the SATA or Molex/Peripheral cables, but if he goes crazy with the cable adapters the power supply will really be pushing it.
m
0
l
June 25, 2013 1:22:50 PM

h2l said:
sourodip said:
everything is fine, but change the PSU to a corsair CX500W. at least a 500@ psu is recommended for a hd7850 :) 


The recommendations that the manufacturers list on their websites are moreso guidelines than they are absolute requirements. I doubt he would have any problem running that system on the Antec, but with that being said, I also agree in considering a slightly more powerful power supply just for the fact of meeting the needs of any future hardware upgrades. Spend a little extra money now on a power supply that can travel with you from build to build and save yourself some money in the future.




Everything else that was said is pretty much spot on though and I agree with all of them. You really shouldn't have an issue playing the latest games on ultra with that rig, but you may have to lower or turn off AA settings if you are running a 1080p monitor trying to play games like BF3 or the newest Metro game. Believe it or not, on a 1080p monitor, there are certain scenes in BF3 like explosions, firefights, flying, etc.. that will all make your FPS dip quite significantly if you are playing with all of your settings on ultra. All of what I am saying is also in the context of what I personally consider to be reasonable and enjoyable framerates which definitely needs to be above 50FPS for me. Not sure what you have played on in the past so you may not even really care if you get lower framerates during certain parts of your gaming.

That ASRock mobo is kind of a cheap one, but if this build is a budget rig then it will do the trick.


Would the framerate be more of a cpu or gpu issue? Like if I got a better gpu would I not really have framerate issues?

m
0
l

Best solution

June 25, 2013 2:03:26 PM

Homie258 said:
h2l said:
sourodip said:
everything is fine, but change the PSU to a corsair CX500W. at least a 500@ psu is recommended for a hd7850 :) 


The recommendations that the manufacturers list on their websites are moreso guidelines than they are absolute requirements. I doubt he would have any problem running that system on the Antec, but with that being said, I also agree in considering a slightly more powerful power supply just for the fact of meeting the needs of any future hardware upgrades. Spend a little extra money now on a power supply that can travel with you from build to build and save yourself some money in the future.




Everything else that was said is pretty much spot on though and I agree with all of them. You really shouldn't have an issue playing the latest games on ultra with that rig, but you may have to lower or turn off AA settings if you are running a 1080p monitor trying to play games like BF3 or the newest Metro game. Believe it or not, on a 1080p monitor, there are certain scenes in BF3 like explosions, firefights, flying, etc.. that will all make your FPS dip quite significantly if you are playing with all of your settings on ultra. All of what I am saying is also in the context of what I personally consider to be reasonable and enjoyable framerates which definitely needs to be above 50FPS for me. Not sure what you have played on in the past so you may not even really care if you get lower framerates during certain parts of your gaming.

That ASRock mobo is kind of a cheap one, but if this build is a budget rig then it will do the trick.


Would the framerate be more of a cpu or gpu issue? Like if I got a better gpu would I not really have framerate issues?



The CPU and GPU obviously work together when playing games, but whether or not there is more load on the CPU or GPU really depends on the game in question. For the most part however, the more powerful your CPU is, the more efficiently your GPU will work. When your CPU isn't powerful enough your GPU won't function as efficiently as it should and that's called a bottleneck, which is a pretty common situation in some budget gaming rigs.

In your situation though, the 3350P is a quad core processor with TurboBoost after all so I doubt you would see a bottleneck in your gaming with that GPU. In my opinion though, I would spend the extra $30-40 and just buy the i5-3570k. It's a better processor and has overclocking capabilities which would allow you to alleviate any bottlenecking issues that could arise.

To answer your specific question, I think it should go without saying that the more powerful your graphics card is, the less chance you have of running in to a bottleneck, to a certain degree of course. I would say get the most powerful GPU you can that falls within your budget. If this is going to be a gaming rig, it would be pretty silly to skimp out on the graphics card right?
Share
a b à CPUs
June 26, 2013 1:43:07 AM

well if u have a decent cpu which will not bottleneck your gpu, then u would get perfect framerates.
e.x-with your processor you will not get even close of bottlenecking wth a hd7850. u would be fine :) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 26, 2013 2:07:00 AM

RAM is a little low?

I max out almost all games with 2GB DDR2. :)  Not saying I wouldn't prefer 4, but 8 is a little bit overkill IMO. :)  I mean, with how cheap RAM is it couldn't hurt, but yeah.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 26, 2013 8:46:48 AM

Raidur said:
RAM is a little low?

I max out almost all games with 2GB DDR2. :)  Not saying I wouldn't prefer 4, but 8 is a little bit overkill IMO. :)  I mean, with how cheap RAM is it couldn't hurt, but yeah.


4GB is a little low, OEM vendors hardly even sell 4GB PC's anymore. Is it enough to game, in most cases yes. Is it enough to be working on a video project, have 15 tabs open on your browser, be downloading a few different files, streaming music, and then pop open BF3 and play a 64 player online match ? No in that case it's a one way ticket to BSOD town. Decent 8GB kits of DDR3 can be had fr around $50, that's not really breaking the bank.

m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 26, 2013 8:50:45 AM

and one more time I will suggest a 2GB version of the 7850. It will help you with the eye candy at 1080 vs. the 1GB card.
m
0
l
June 26, 2013 10:46:14 AM

cmi86 said:
and one more time I will suggest a 2GB version of the 7850. It will help you with the eye candy at 1080 vs. the 1GB card.


Would a 7870 2 gb be better than a 7850 2 gb?
m
0
l
June 26, 2013 12:53:04 PM

Homie258 said:
cmi86 said:
and one more time I will suggest a 2GB version of the 7850. It will help you with the eye candy at 1080 vs. the 1GB card.


Would a 7870 2 gb be better than a 7850 2 gb?


I think it should be pretty obvious, that yes, the 7870 2GB will be more powerful than the 7850 2GB. However, if you are going to upgrade to a 7870, you will need a different power supply because those cards require two 6-pin power connectors unlike the 7850 which requires one 6-pin power connector.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 26, 2013 10:53:16 PM

yeah a hd7870 is much faster than a hd7850 and if u upgrade to the 7870 the, as i said earlier, you have to get a new psu like the corsair CX500W, once again i am providing you the link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
get the hd7870. it would be the best choice if u can afford it :) 
m
0
l
!