Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is this a good Gaming PC ? What about CPU Performance ?

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 25, 2013 5:10:11 AM

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1a3Gf

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($78.56 @ Amazon)
Memory: A-Data Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($223.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $555.51
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-25 07:26 EDT-0400)

This is my first Gaming PC
Monitor Resolution : 1024 by 768.
Will be ordering the parts from US to India.

Is this a good Computer ? Also, What about the CPU Performance ?

June 25, 2013 5:27:59 AM

It's a pretty good gaming PC. With your resolution you can max out any games with the GTX 660. FX 8350 is a solid CPU too, with 8 cores it's a relatively high end CPU.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
June 25, 2013 5:44:31 AM

Hey
Nice build my friend.
But why are you buying this from US..? You will get lots of charges of shipping and you will face warranty problems too my friend.
You can get these components from your local stores at a really good price. Which money you spend on shipping with that get a better gpu like gtx 770.
Onething more if u face any problem in ur pc then you can replace easily if you buy from local stores. But if you buy from US or something like other country then you will get charges of shipping again and lot more time to wait.
Your build is perfect my friend, but get it from your local stores.
I hope it helps.
Thank you.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 25, 2013 6:01:23 AM

Instead of the current gpu i prefer Msi Gtx 660 Twin Frozr III because of the cooling system.(Both are very good)
I think you should choose a >600W PSU (To be sure)
You should buy 8GB of RAM(4 x 4GB) >1600mhz (but 4GB is pretty decent,so it's not a problem)
m
0
l
June 25, 2013 6:09:20 AM

princejeet said:
Hey
Nice build my friend.
But why are you buying this from US..? You will get lots of charges of shipping and you will face warranty problems too my friend.
You can get these components from your local stores at a really good price. Which money you spend on shipping with that get a better gpu like gtx 770.
Onething more if u face any problem in ur pc then you can replace easily if you buy from local stores. But if you buy from US or something like other country then you will get charges of shipping again and lot more time to wait.
Your build is perfect my friend, but get it from your local stores.
I hope it helps.
Thank you.


I will be getting the products shipped through : www.shipito.com
I told them the weight (an estimate) as 8kgs and the told the cost just $78.96
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
June 25, 2013 6:17:21 AM

adity8522 said:
princejeet said:
Hey
Nice build my friend.
But why are you buying this from US..? You will get lots of charges of shipping and you will face warranty problems too my friend.
You can get these components from your local stores at a really good price. Which money you spend on shipping with that get a better gpu like gtx 770.
Onething more if u face any problem in ur pc then you can replace easily if you buy from local stores. But if you buy from US or something like other country then you will get charges of shipping again and lot more time to wait.
Your build is perfect my friend, but get it from your local stores.
I hope it helps.
Thank you.


I will be getting the products shipped through : www.shipito.com
I told them the weight (an estimate) as 8kgs and the told the cost just $78.96


Aprox 4000rs. It's too much yar. And what will you do if any product defected of came problems after some time. I don't think it's a good choice.
Otherwise it's all yours.
Thank you.
m
0
l
June 25, 2013 6:28:13 AM

I will check on Indian Websites if I can get the same configuration for about Rs.38000. (This is the cost for which I will be buying parts from US that also includes shipping.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
June 25, 2013 6:44:13 AM

adity8522 said:
I will check on Indian Websites if I can get the same configuration for about Rs.38000. (This i us the cost for which I will be buying parts from US that also includes shipping.


You had to check local stores. Websites charges a lot more than it's original price which we can get our local stores. Fe ifw months ago I checked Asus maximus V gene on flipkart it was about 14000rs but when I confirmed from my local store it's price was just less than 12000.
Only money is not everything if we go to buy anything check out facilities too which we get too. I already asked many times if any product defected comes, it's common in online shopping product comes defected or if problems comes after some time, then what will you do...? You are paying aprox same price here too including shipping. But if you bought from your local stores then you will get facilities like warranty and you will get at lower price.
Thank you.
m
0
l
June 25, 2013 6:52:07 AM

I agree with you princejeet.
Here are online price of the products (all from flipkart)
Graphics Card : http://www.flipkart.com/galaxy-nvidia-geforce-gtx-660-2...
Motherboard : http://www.flipkart.com/msi-970a-g46-motherboard/p/itmd...
Processor : http://www.flipkart.com/amd-fx-8350/p/itmdfv4fffknf29s?...
RAM : http://www.flipkart.com/kingston-hyperx-blu-ddr3-4-gb-p...
Power Supply : http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-thunder-450w-450-...


Description :-
Processor : AMD FX 8350 Octa Core Processor @ 4.0Ghz : Rs.13,222
Graphics Card : Galaxy Geforce GTX 660 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card : Rs.15,840
RAM : Kingston Hyper X 4GB (2Gb x 2Gb) Dual Channel Memory Configuration @ 1600Mhz : Rs.2,200
Power Supply : Cooler Master Thunder 450Watt PSU : Rs.2,740
Motherboard : MSI 970A G46 AMD AM3+ Socket Motherboard : Rs.5,778

G.Total : Rs.39,780.
m
0
l
a c 389 4 Gaming
a c 151 à CPUs
June 25, 2013 6:58:01 AM

Coolermaster makes TERRIBLE PSUs. Don't get one. Stick with Corsair, Seasonic, XFX, Antec.
m
0
l
a c 389 4 Gaming
a c 151 à CPUs
June 25, 2013 7:13:55 AM

Its alright. You really want 500w.

Also, if this is a dedicated gaming build, I would suggest you lower the CPU and spend the money on a better GPU. You could get an fx-6350 and an hd 7870 or hd7950.
m
0
l
June 25, 2013 7:16:48 AM

No, this computer is not dedicated for gaming. This will be only computer for years now.
m
0
l
June 25, 2013 7:17:37 AM

Well, The Monitor Resolution is just 1024 by 768. Is it good for playing modern games and max them out ?
m
0
l
a c 389 4 Gaming
a c 151 à CPUs
June 25, 2013 7:17:43 AM

The build you have set out should be perfectly fine then.

And, yes, it will max modern games at your resolution. If you ever got a 1080p monitor, it will not max games.

If I were you, i might budget in a better monitor. 1080p monitors can be had for pretty cheap now.
m
0
l
June 25, 2013 7:29:05 AM

If ever I would buy a monitor, it will be of resolution 1366 by 768. Not more than that. That is my default Resolution.
m
0
l
a c 389 4 Gaming
a c 151 à CPUs
June 25, 2013 7:31:36 AM

Why would you get a low resolution monitor when you can get a 1080p monitor for not much more money at all?
m
0
l
June 25, 2013 8:01:24 AM

I like that resolution and I feel comfortable in that resolution. My current Laptop's resolution is also the same.
m
0
l
!