Solved

Which GPU for my girlfriend for Battlefield 4

I am on a debate on which GPU would be better for her. I currently only have a 570 so I won't be able to play probably but I have yet to get her crap so which one

760- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125465

Or 7870- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PJVB3Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER The 7870 looks like it would perform better but the 760 is new =P

The cpu she is going to be using is not the best but hopefully it will do it is the AMD FX-6300

This will also be for other games like ArmA 3 and such and is a 750 watt okay
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gpu girlfriend battlefield
  1. ramune said:
    I am on a debate on which GPU would be better for her. I currently only have a 570 so I won't be able to play probably but I have yet to get her crap so which one 760- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125465

    Or 7870- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PJVB3Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

    The cpu she is going to be using is not the best but hopefully it will do it is the AMD FX-6300

    This will also be for other games like ArmA 3 and such and is a 750 watt okay


    BF4 will require almost the same graphics hardware as BF3. Your 570 would be fine
  2. How can you not play with the 570? A radeon hd5470 can play it at playable frame rates...
    Also get her a 760
  3. anything4this said:
    How can you not play with the 570? A radeon hd5470 can play it at playable frame rates...
    Also get her a 760


    I am just assuming since it's more demanding. The 760 is nice but the radeon looks to have a bit more numbers on it
  4. Get the NVIDIA 760.
    and yeah, the 570 would easily handle BF4 at medium settings/playable frame rates!!!!
  5. ramune said:
    anything4this said:
    How can you not play with the 570? A radeon hd5470 can play it at playable frame rates...
    Also get her a 760


    I am just assuming since it's more demanding. The 760 is nice but the radeon looks to have a bit more numbers on it


    The 760 is the best card at 250 right now. What numbers do you speak of?
  6. A 5470 MAY play it at very low settings on a very low resolution but not anything like 720p or 1080p. Dont tell him inaccurate information.
  7. Best answer
    The 760 has a boost clock of 1150MHz Mhz which is on par with the 1100 Mhz of the 7870.
    Both cards are 256 bit memory bandwidth DDR5.
    both are 28nm manufactured.
    However, the 760 will perform slightly better than the 7870 in games, like BF3 for example.
    Checkout the review and bench's:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2013/06/25/nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-2gb-review/3

    So yeah, get the 760! :)
  8. Intel God said:
    ramune said:
    anything4this said:
    How can you not play with the 570? A radeon hd5470 can play it at playable frame rates...
    Also get her a 760


    I am just assuming since it's more demanding. The 760 is nice but the radeon looks to have a bit more numbers on it


    The 760 is the best card at 250 right now. What numbers do you speak of?

    I only compared the core clocks of each GPU
  9. ramune said:
    Intel God said:
    ramune said:
    anything4this said:
    How can you not play with the 570? A radeon hd5470 can play it at playable frame rates...
    Also get her a 760


    I am just assuming since it's more demanding. The 760 is nice but the radeon looks to have a bit more numbers on it


    The 760 is the best card at 250 right now. What numbers do you speak of?

    I only compared the core clocks of each GPU


    Not a relevant comparison.
  10. Intel God said:
    ramune said:
    Intel God said:
    ramune said:
    anything4this said:
    How can you not play with the 570? A radeon hd5470 can play it at playable frame rates...
    Also get her a 760


    I am just assuming since it's more demanding. The 760 is nice but the radeon looks to have a bit more numbers on it


    The 760 is the best card at 250 right now. What numbers do you speak of?

    I only compared the core clocks of each GPU


    Not a relevant comparison.


    Yeah I sorta figured that out when I was checking it out again. I'll be going with the 760
  11. vrumor said:
    A 5470 MAY play it at very low settings on a very low resolution but not anything like 720p or 1080p. Dont tell him inaccurate information.


    It plays on low at 720p, and thats on a laptop, so a 5470m, my cousin ran bf3 2 days ago in front of me, so a super low end gfx card can play it, imagine what a card 10x better can do...

    All i was trying to say was that this statement: "I currently only have a 570 so I won't be able to play probably but I have yet to get her crap so which one " was completely off..
  12. 760 seems to suck if he caa a hd 7950
  13. ramune said:
    anything4this said:
    How can you not play with the 570? A radeon hd5470 can play it at playable frame rates...
    Also get her a 760


    I am just assuming since it's more demanding. The 760 is nice but the radeon looks to have a bit more numbers on it


    I suspect bf4 is going to use more vram than bf3 as well as a stronger card if they really do up the graphics more. I know my 7970 does great on bf3 so id recommend that or a 7950. its better to get a better card and be happy than get a decent card and not get what you expected.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Battlefield Graphics