is 100 degrees celsius hot for a graphics card?

enqueue2k

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
So, I have =( a gtx 465 that runs up to 80 celsius idle, sometimes hotter while watching videos online. One fan works when it feels like and the other refuses. I purchased it about 3 years ago.. I kept it rid of dust for the most part but earlier today after I got a whiff of hot metal.. I took a look at gpu-z and discovered it was running at 107 degrees celsius.. this put to rest the worry I had about it running hot while playing sleeping dogs or max payne 3. So of course I powered off the pc and figured it may be time to get a new graphics card but before I do..

Are there any suggestions for saving a card in this condition or should I just buy another one? I'm on a $200+ budget and was considering an msi 7850 for my phenom ii x4 945 + 4gigs of memory, but that's IF I can't save the 465.

Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Did you clean it by removing the shroud the covers the blower/heatsink? It has small clips you press with a flat screw driver to release it from the 2 sides and one on the back(fan side).

If you get build up in spots you can not see it would lead to higher temps for sure.

The card is rated for a MAX of 105, but should stay MUCH lower.