7970 V. 770: There's more to it

Nobledontcare

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
I know that, in the near future, I will be buying a graphics card; preferably a 2GB, ~$400, one. Mainly, the AMD 7970 or the Nvidia GTX 770.
However, I'm at a bit of a fork in the road over which one to buy.
Here is said fork:

The 7970 is around $400 dollars; so is the Nvidia GTX 770. Spec wise the 770 is superior in almost every way (let me clarify that I will be using either for gaming). The only thing that stops me from getting the 770 is that, on Newegg, the 7970 comes with the offer of 4 free games. I consider this to outweigh the performance increase that the 770 offers over it.
That being said, if I wait till around October or November to come around I'm sure that the 770 will be offered with a bundle of the new games (Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Metro:Last Light, etc.)
So, in conclusion, should I get the 7970 and its included games (Tomb Raider, FC3: Blood Dragon, Bioshock Infinite, and Crysis 3) now,
or
should I get the 770 (along with its performance increase) and the potential games it's bundled with come Autumn/Fall/Q3?
Thanks for any help .

Solution
nVidia bundles virtual money, meaning you're forced to play those online games to make use of the coupon you got. Because of that it'll benefit nvidia ( who got tons of cash from contracts with game publishers ) more than their customers. As for AMD users, they can choose to do whatever they want with the coupon.

adimeister

Honorable
Go with what you can right now. Don't play the waiting game. By September, there will be a lot of rumors about the release of the new ATI GPU series. So you'll wait again, then the Ti's will come out after those). Then so on...

nvidia typically does not do bundles like that. Anyway, bf4 is an AMD partnered game.

Intel God

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

Nvidia sells a crapton of gpus the way it is and doesn't feel the need to give away free games

nVidia bundles virtual money, meaning you're forced to play those online games to make use of the coupon you got. Because of that it'll benefit nvidia ( who got tons of cash from contracts with game publishers ) more than their customers. As for AMD users, they can choose to do whatever they want with the coupon.

Solution

Nobledontcare

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Thanks to all of you for contributing; its really helped with my decision. I'd rather not blindly hope that Nvidia has a change of heart 3/4 of the way into the year, so I'll go with the 7970, be it GHz edition or no; plus, it has a choice selection of games accompanying it.