Solved

Asrock z77 extreme4 Setup

Hi,

I have all my components tomorow.
Before my instal of windows 7, what do I need to change in bios, not for overclock, but just to setup my build.
One thing I already know is to set Sata Config to AHCI not to IDE

Do I have to change any other things, I'm a bit worried ?
Do I have to update bios, EVGA gtx 770 uses UEFI Bios, they recommend me to update to latest bios, is this needed ? Don't want to mess up my mobo
Here are my parts :

Cpu : i5 3570k
MoBo : Asrock z77 extreme4
Cpu cooler : hyper 212 evo
Gpu : EVGA Gtx 770
HDD : WD caviar black 1TB
PSU : corsair tx750m


Thanks
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asrock z77 extreme4 setup
  1. Best answer
    You really do not have to do much. ONLY update the BIOS if you have issues. I do know the Extreme 4 has a USB 3 issue that is resolved by a BIOS update, so you may want to do it anyway.
    Its so easy if you have are directly connected via a LAN port.

    Oh and make sure XMP is enable in your memory tab in the BIOS...
  2. Novuake said:
    You really do not have to do much. ONLY update the BIOS if you have issues. I do know the Extreme 4 has a USB 3 issue that is resolved by a BIOS update, so you may want to do it anyway.
    Its so easy if you have are directly connected via a LAN port.

    Oh and make sure XMP is enable in your memory tab in the BIOS...


    Thank you for the quick response so I dont have to do anything accept setting the Sata Controller to AHCI and in memory tab XMP ?

    What does XMP do ?
  3. mushkn said:
    Novuake said:
    You really do not have to do much. ONLY update the BIOS if you have issues. I do know the Extreme 4 has a USB 3 issue that is resolved by a BIOS update, so you may want to do it anyway.
    Its so easy if you have are directly connected via a LAN port.

    Oh and make sure XMP is enable in your memory tab in the BIOS...


    Thank you for the quick response so I dont have to do anything accept setting the Sata Controller to AHCI and in memory tab XMP ?

    What does XMP do ?



    Its an automated memory profiler that helps memory run at its rated speeds. Often if its not enable 1600MHz will run at 1333MHz for example.
  4. Novuake said:
    mushkn said:
    Novuake said:
    You really do not have to do much. ONLY update the BIOS if you have issues. I do know the Extreme 4 has a USB 3 issue that is resolved by a BIOS update, so you may want to do it anyway.
    Its so easy if you have are directly connected via a LAN port.

    Oh and make sure XMP is enable in your memory tab in the BIOS...


    Thank you for the quick response so I dont have to do anything accept setting the Sata Controller to AHCI and in memory tab XMP ?

    What does XMP do ?



    Its an automated memory profiler that helps memory run at its rated speeds. Often if its not enable 1600MHz will run at 1333MHz for example.


    Ahh, so besides that any other settings that need my attention ?
  5. Nope, unless you are gonna OC, nothing.
  6. Novuake said:
    Nope, unless you are gonna OC, nothing.



    Thanks again,

    I am gonna overclock but will wait for that after my system is running smooth.

    Is there anything I can't change after my Windows 7 install ?
  7. You can change anything but BOOT devices after Windows has been installed, it will not effect anything in Windows itself in a bad way.
  8. Novuake said:
    You can change anything but BOOT devices after Windows has been installed, it will not effect anything in Windows itself in a bad way.


    So I need to set boot device to DVD-Drive first, then boot with windows 7 cd in drive, setup....

    But after my instal do I need to set my boot device to HDD where I installed Windows on ??
  9. You don't have to, but its better. As long as there is no bootable CD in after the install, you can leave it as DVD drive boot first.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Motherboards