Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Asus VS247H-P Or ASUS VS239H-P for gaming? *Quick answer please

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 26, 2013 3:13:34 PM

Hi.

I'm trying to pick out a monitor for my 770 + i5 haswell build.

I've narrowed it down to either the Asus VS247H-P

Or the Asus VS239H-P

I'm a bit confused about something tho. Is the only difference between these monitors the screen size? If so why is the 23 inch more expensive than the 24 inch?

Like I put in the title I need a monitor for gaming and I'd prefer a quick answer because I'd like to order it today so it will be in quicker since I have all the parts but no monitor.

If they are both the same just different screen sizes I will probably get the first one since it's cheaper and bigger.

Also are these monitors good quality? Does anyone have/had them to speak from experience?
June 26, 2013 4:24:13 PM

I would go with the VS247H myself. It's LED which lasts alot longer, whereas IPS monitors aren't so good. The white on IPS monitors are yellowish whereas the LED are purely white. The viewing angles on the LED's aren't very good in comparison with the IPS, but the LED is good.

I have 2 of the Asus VN247 and they're great for gaming. The only downside of LED is that they have screen bleed; well the majority of them.

Personally, go with the VS247H.
m
0
l
June 26, 2013 4:33:41 PM

Jimbob1 said:
I would go with the VS247H myself. It's LED which lasts alot longer, whereas IPS monitors aren't so good. The white on IPS monitors are yellowish whereas the LED are purely white. The viewing angles on the LED's aren't very good in comparison with the IPS, but the LED is good.

I have 2 of the Asus VN247 and they're great for gaming. The only downside of LED is that they have screen bleed; well the majority of them.

Personally, go with the VS247H.


Wait the vn247 isn't an ips? But it says it is on the amazon page.

And I heard that ips has the best color.

m
0
l
Related resources
June 26, 2013 4:42:12 PM

O Possum said:
Jimbob1 said:
I would go with the VS247H myself. It's LED which lasts alot longer, whereas IPS monitors aren't so good. The white on IPS monitors are yellowish whereas the LED are purely white. The viewing angles on the LED's aren't very good in comparison with the IPS, but the LED is good.



Personally, go with the VS247H.

can promise you, the vn247 is not IPS, it's LED Backlight. And in certain aspects yes, but for gaming no. I had an IPS monitor and switched to LED and the difference was remarkable.



I can promise you, the vn247 is not IPS, it's LED Backlight. And in certain aspects yes, but for gaming no. I had an IPS monitor and switched to LED and the difference was remarkable.


I can promise you, the vn247 is not IPS, it's LED Backlight. And in certain aspects yes, but for gaming no. I had an IPS monitor and switched to LED and the difference was remarkable.

Wait the vn247 isn't an ips? But it says it is on the amazon page.

And I heard that ips has the best color.





can promise you, the vn247 is not IPS, it's LED Backlight. And in certain aspects yes, but for gaming no. I had an IPS monitor and switched to LED and the difference was remarkable.
m
0
l
June 26, 2013 4:54:14 PM

Jimbob1 said:
O Possum said:
Jimbob1 said:
I would go with the VS247H myself. It's LED which lasts alot longer, whereas IPS monitors aren't so good. The white on IPS monitors are yellowish whereas the LED are purely white. The viewing angles on the LED's aren't very good in comparison with the IPS, but the LED is good.



Personally, go with the VS247H.

can promise you, the vn247 is not IPS, it's LED Backlight. And in certain aspects yes, but for gaming no. I had an IPS monitor and switched to LED and the difference was remarkable.



I can promise you, the vn247 is not IPS, it's LED Backlight. And in certain aspects yes, but for gaming no. I had an IPS monitor and switched to LED and the difference was remarkable.


I can promise you, the vn247 is not IPS, it's LED Backlight. And in certain aspects yes, but for gaming no. I had an IPS monitor and switched to LED and the difference was remarkable.

Wait the vn247 isn't an ips? But it says it is on the amazon page.

And I heard that ips has the best color.





can promise you, the vn247 is not IPS, it's LED Backlight. And in certain aspects yes, but for gaming no. I had an IPS monitor and switched to LED and the difference was remarkable.


Really? Almost everyone else I've talked to about monitors has said the opposite.

Also what's going on with your quote?
m
0
l
June 26, 2013 5:56:07 PM


Are you sure the first one isn't an ips? Because it does say it is on the amazon page.

Also what is the hz on the second one? It doesn't say.
m
0
l
!