Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New to building gaming computers, need help

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 26, 2013 3:20:53 PM

Hi im sorta new to building a gaming rig, but any way i bought a cyperpower pc last year and i was wanting to upgrade some parts like the motherboard, and graphics card, CPU. I was wanting to play on really good settings on WoW, and Arma 3, and maybe a couple other games. ($400-$500 range if possible) But what I need help with is if these parts are Compatible with each other and if there any good
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aBhy
Not sure if I linked it right let me know if not.
Thank you, Please let me know if i forgot anything
a b 4 Gaming
June 26, 2013 3:23:47 PM

bad choice grabbing a gpu if you're going with an apu. If you want to build on that platform an Athlon II x4 750K would be ideal... furthermore. Asrock isn't to be trusted with AMD cpus. They make good mbs for intel, but AMD not so much.
m
0
l
a c 278 4 Gaming
June 26, 2013 3:30:41 PM

ingtar33 said:
bad choice grabbing a gpu if you're going with an apu. If you want to build on that platform an Athlon II x4 750K would be ideal... furthermore. Asrock isn't to be trusted with AMD cpus. They make good mbs for intel, but AMD not so much.


Why? It's better than Intel onboard video (which never was, nor ever is meant for gaming). And you can always disable the onboard video in the BIOS if you do indeed decide to add a GPU later on, and you get a very overclock friendly CPU.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
June 26, 2013 3:34:19 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Asus F2A85-M PRO Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($53.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 1GB Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $478.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-26 18:34 EDT-0400)


g-unit1111 said:
ingtar33 said:
bad choice grabbing a gpu if you're going with an apu. If you want to build on that platform an Athlon II x4 750K would be ideal... furthermore. Asrock isn't to be trusted with AMD cpus. They make good mbs for intel, but AMD not so much.


Why? It's better than Intel onboard video (which never was, nor ever is meant for gaming). And you can always disable the onboard video in the BIOS if you do indeed decide to add a GPU later on, and you get a very overclock friendly CPU.


Because he's buying an hd7850 with it. Since he's getting a gpu no point to grab an apu.
m
0
l
June 26, 2013 3:45:09 PM

11045748,0,1027081 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Asus F2A85-M PRO Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($53.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 1GB Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $478.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-26 18:34 EDT-0400)

If i may ask whats the difference between that motherboard and the one i picked?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 26, 2013 3:49:17 PM

powerman659 said:


If i may ask whats the difference between that motherboard and the one i picked?


yes. its not an unreliable asrock. it's a smaller form factor, because, frankly, you're working with a tiny budget; basically i was trying to maximize your budget with the best parts i could find under 500
m
0
l
June 26, 2013 3:59:53 PM

ingtar33 said:
powerman659 said:


If i may ask whats the difference between that motherboard and the one i picked?


yes. its not an unreliable asrock. it's a smaller form factor, because, frankly, you're working with a tiny budget; basically i was trying to maximize your budget with the best parts i could find under 500

Oh alright, Would that set up still be good with playing on high setting for WoW and stuff like that? And I have a case and 500w power supply also

m
0
l
June 26, 2013 4:25:40 PM

And on a motherboard what is the difference between ATX and micro ATX?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 26, 2013 6:23:28 PM

powerman659 said:
ingtar33 said:
powerman659 said:


If i may ask whats the difference between that motherboard and the one i picked?


yes. its not an unreliable asrock. it's a smaller form factor, because, frankly, you're working with a tiny budget; basically i was trying to maximize your budget with the best parts i could find under 500

Oh alright, Would that set up still be good with playing on high setting for WoW and stuff like that? And I have a case and 500w power supply also



you have a case and a 500W psu? then i would bump that gpu up to a GTX 660... or even a GTX 760... if your budget will let you.

powerman659 said:
And on a motherboard what is the difference between ATX and micro ATX?


the big difference is number of pci-e slots. on that asrock you were looking at there were 3 pci-e slots, the asus has 2.... the asrock has 2 legacy pci slots and 2 pci-e x1, the asus has 2 of the pci-e x1 slots... the asus has the slightly older Realtek ALC892 audio, the asrock uses a similar if slightly newer Realtek ALC898 audio device... both are suround sound audio.

otherwise the boards are pretty much the same.
m
0
l
June 27, 2013 7:59:31 AM

Would this work
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aPfs
And would it be capable of running a few games on high setting? I mainly play WoW and D3 for the most part but want to play a couple others also.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
June 27, 2013 1:29:35 PM

powerman659 said:
Would this work
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1aPfs
And would it be capable of running a few games on high setting? I mainly play WoW and D3 for the most part but want to play a couple others also.


more then capable. you'll find multiplayer will benefit from a bit of an overclock to that cpu... otherwise it should do fine.
Share
!