my 660 ti only will only boot up with one 6 pin connecter attached it needs 2 plugged in but when i do that my comp wont even

firebeard

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
turn on. i have a 650 power supply greenme650 when i take the card out it works fine but when i plug that one connecter in it wont even turn on, theres one 6 pin connecter that works but the other wont do anthing when i plug it to the gpu , anyone know whats going on ,, thanks!

Solution
Ok so if I understand you when you try one of the 2 6 pin the system turns on but since the card needs both the video does not work. Then when you try the second 6 pin either with or without the first 6 pin the system does not work. If this is correct you have a defective power supply. Though it may be new sounds like you got a bad one. Return it for a replacement.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Ok so if I understand you when you try one of the 2 6 pin the system turns on but since the card needs both the video does not work. Then when you try the second 6 pin either with or without the first 6 pin the system does not work. If this is correct you have a defective power supply. Though it may be new sounds like you got a bad one. Return it for a replacement.

Solution

firebeard

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013

you dont know how much this means to me :) , been trying to figure this out for a while now!